PDA

View Full Version : New Member Introduction

Ian Haywood
01-01-2008, 11:21 AM
Hi all. First post here. Nice looking forum you've got going.

A little bit about myself. I'm not much of a woodworker, but would like to learn enough for "around the house" projects. I dabbled a bit a couple of years ago building birdhouses but lost interest and got into chainsaws. Well that led to me buying a chainsaw mill and so brought me full circle back to woodworking. Kinda senseless to mill boards and then not do anything with them.

For power equipment, I have a Bosch 2-1/4 hp router (plunge and fixed bases) and their benchtop router table w/stand, a Craftsman biscuit cutter, a Dewalt 12" planer, a Craftsman miter saw, a Delta Benchtop drill press, a Delta benchtop belt/disk sander and a generic 7 1/4" circular saw. No table saw yet. Limited space is a factor, so I'm looking at a Bosch 4000-9 saw that I can fold up and hang when I'm not using it. I've seen it called "best in class" and it gets great reviews so maybe that'll be the one.

For projects that I'm interested in, 2 years ago I bought a set of plans for a 12 compartment Purple Martin house. Never made an attempt at it and that'll be my first project if I get the TS. Also, my wife does Stained Glass and has asked if I could remove the center panel from a couple doors in our kitchen cabinets so she could put glass in. I don't know if the frame alone would be strong enough for that tho...

Anyway, that's me. I'll probably be asking some noob questions, but hopefully will remember to use the search function before I do.

see ya around,
Ian

Jim Becker
01-01-2008, 11:27 AM
Welcome to the 'Creek, Ian!

Thomas Knighton
01-01-2008, 3:25 PM
Welcome to the 'Creek!

Tom

Ken Fitzgerald
01-01-2008, 3:28 PM
Welcome to the Creek Ian! Wade right in the water's fine!

Jack Morrow
01-02-2008, 12:26 PM
Ian,

Welcome.

Joatmon from AS.

Ian Haywood
01-02-2008, 4:47 PM
Hey Joatmon, fancy meeting you here. :)

Ian

Dennis Peacock
01-02-2008, 6:01 PM
Hello Ian.....Welcome to The Creek!!!!