PDA

View Full Version : Frontline Panel Clamps Advise

John Karas
12-31-2007, 8:55 PM
Hi there & happy new year to all out there.

who makes dinning tables for hobby.

I was very impress with some of the tools such the festool domino the festool kapex saw & Frontline Clamps
plus many others.

The ones took more my atention was the Frontline Clamps to see them in action,it took less then 10 minutes to make a large dinning table top absolute flat with one operation.

I do have heard a lot about them but never have seen them in action before. they say are one of the best clamps in the market is the only clamp with down pressure first.

My friend loves them so much & rave on about them so i like to know from others if anyone ever has the same experience . as i'm very keen in purchase a pair of them.

Many Thanks
John

frank shic
12-31-2007, 9:15 PM
john, they look like a horizontal version of the plano press which i bought several months ago hoping that it would make clamping of multiple boards more efficient. well you know what? it's definitely faster but there's still a fair bit of sanding afterwards to get the joints perfectly flush although i'm not sure if the frontline clamps work better somehow...

John Karas
12-31-2007, 10:26 PM
Hi Frank

Thank you for your reply.

yes i have seen the Plano the plano yes the Frontline is horizontal .

Frank i do know a bit about the Plano i have seen it as well . I have heard a lot of comments as wel like you that is a lot of sanding after.I was going to buy Plano clamps before till i have seen the Frontline Clamps i have chanced my mind.My friend has the plano clamps & since he got the Frontline Clamps he never use the plano Clamps again.

Frank how come you bought the plano when you have seen the Frontline Clamps?

Will be nice to hear also from someone that uses the Frontline Clamps.

I have been told the Frontline clamps getting by far flatter panels every time with one operation & minimun sanding and is there not comparison between the plano & Frontline Clamps from what i have seen seems they are one of the best in the market.

Many thanks
John

Walt Nicholson
12-31-2007, 11:04 PM
Looks a lot like the Veritas panel clamps where you can make your own using their parts and your wood. I have some of those and they work well but I think no matter how good they get you will still have to do a fair amount of sanding to get it right.

John Karas
01-01-2008, 12:33 AM
I do know the Veritas one you talking about .no they are different.

The Frontline Clamps is complete sets with heavy duty aluminium extrusions. The differences from all other systems is that the Frontline Clamps they do pressing the two flat sides of the boards first while the boards are stil apart & then bring them together with only one operation that,s way you get flatter panels from any other systems.

I wish someone has some pictures.

Brent Powers
01-03-2008, 3:53 PM
Well, that's impressive....

http://www.frontlineengineering.com.au/frontlineclamps.htm

Also, there's a video of usage at http://www.frontlineengineering.com.au/frontlinepress.htm

Reminds me of a thermos bottle... How do it know?

And, the cheap, low tech version

http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/hi_tools/article/0,2037,DIY_13936_3400979,00.html

John Karas
01-03-2008, 9:38 PM
Hello Brent

Yes this is the Frontline Clamps i was referring they are great when you use them you never use any other panel clamps again i just love them.i was watching my friend making a large table top & i was amazed from what i have seen . I will get two or three clamps for my next project .

Many thanks for the website i appreciated .

John

richard poitras
01-03-2008, 10:24 PM
John check your mail I sent you a PM about the Frontline bandsaw jig you talked about in one of your earler posts... thanks Richard

John Karas
01-03-2008, 10:43 PM
Hello Richard

Sorry for my delay but i have sent you more information for the Frontline Bandsaw Jig from people chatting on the woodworking forum so you can get a very good idea of it.is very popular in Australia & new Zealand

You can contact Frontline Engineering for price & availability I think is arount $400-00 AUD .I'm not sure if they got a distributor in USA.but i'm sure you can buy direct from them .

Many Thanks
John

richard poitras
01-03-2008, 10:56 PM
Thanks John... here is the web link for anybody who wants to look at the band saw jig we are talking about it. It all so seems very cool like the clamps ( no trying to hijack your thread )..
www.frontlineengineering.com.au

Jon Bonham
01-03-2008, 11:09 PM
Wow, hello SPAM. I'm sorry, but I've moderated several sites and, in my experience, anyone that mentions the product name 15 times in a paragraph is usually shilling the product. I'm not sure if that's allowed here. If it is, please pardon the interruption.

richard poitras
01-03-2008, 11:26 PM
First off may I say I am no way affiliated with any of these product I just thought they looked kind of cool ( as stated I did PM John in regards to a PM I sent him being he has not posted here much(newer member) I thought he might not know about the mail thing) ….. Give the guy a chance ….

Jon Bonham
01-03-2008, 11:55 PM
First off may I say I am no way affiliated with any of these product I just thought they looked kind of cool ( as stated I did PM John in regards to a PM I sent him being he has not posted here much(newer member) I thought he might not know about the mail thing) ….. Give the guy a chance ….

I was in no way implying that you were SPAMing the product. Here's my problem with SPAMing forums. There's a lot of new member, myself included, that look to these posts for guidance on which products work and which products to save our money on. When people start SPAMing the forums, it makes it hard to separate the wheat from the chaff, as it were.

John Karas
01-04-2008, 12:06 AM
Sorry i'm a new member i do not understand what is wrong? i got my own opinions like every one elses i thought the forum is to discuss ideas & opinions with other forum members about anything & everything. still not known what is wrong?or i did wrong?

What is wrong? i do not know the bloke he tried to be nice by letting me know about ther website he has been very kind to do so & i have appreciated.& i'm sure many others will do as well.

Thank you Richard i have appreciated your comments & support i never intent to offend you or any one out there. if so i apologize.

Many thanks especially to richard

Very Dissapointed
John

Jon Bonham
01-04-2008, 12:08 AM
Sorry i'm a new member i do not understand what is wrong? i got my own opinions like every one elses i thought the forum is to discuss ideas & opinions with other forum members about anything & everything. still not known what is wrong?or i did wrong?

What is wrong? i do not know the bloke he tried to be nice by letting me know about ther website he has been very kind to do so & i have appreciated.& i'm sure many others will do as well.

Thank you Richard i have appreciated your comments & support i never intent to offend you or any one out there. if so i apologize.

Many thanks especially to richard

Very Dissapointed
John

Geez, try to keep your hurt feelings to a minimum. Your post sounded like spam. I'm sure I'm not the only one that noticed.