PDA

View Full Version : the pens are reaching the troops

Daniel Yourdon
02-24-2004, 10:29 PM
Hey folks, I just got an e-mail from one of the troops overseas that received one of my pens, it seems that they all went to the same group. or at least some of them. and the one message was sort of from all of them. just a thank you and compliments on the writing quality.
Lord what a rush to get that note. But I wanted all of you to know that the pens are now doing their job.
can't wait to get the next 100 off the lathe :D :p :)

Jerry Stringer
02-25-2004, 12:34 AM
Hey folks, I just got an e-mail from one of the troops overseas that received one of my pens, it seems that they all went to the same group. or at least some of them. and the one message was sort of from all of them. just a thank you and compliments on the writing quality.
Lord what a rush to get that note. But I wanted all of you to know that the pens are now doing their job.
can't wait to get the next 100 off the lathe :D :p :)

Oh, wow . . . way cool!! (sorry . . . I'm around high school kids all day!)

Pictures!!! We need PICTURES!!!!! What we could do with PICTURES!!!!

Outstanding!

So how did this happen . . . I thought the first order only went out yesterday . . . :confused:

Jerry

Julie Wright
02-25-2004, 7:18 AM
Thanks Daniel for passing on the info...

Daniel Yourdon
02-25-2004, 9:32 PM
So how did this happen . . . I thought the first order only went out yesterday . . . :confused:

JerryDonno!!! I sent these off quite a while back like in the first week. sent them straight to the address on the web page. maybe they got sent off in some other manner than will be the norm when it all hits the fan.
Maybe we could submit the messages somewhere. Hint Hint. just as encouragment to us all when the blisters start setting in.

Keith Outten
02-25-2004, 10:01 PM
Daniel,

My post concerning the first pens delivered should explain how you got the first email.

Daniel Yourdon
02-26-2004, 10:37 AM
Keith,
I hadn't seen that, I've been flying through here to much lately. not catching everything.
It is great to think that they where hand delivered like that. Thank You.

Daniel,

My post concerning the first pens delivered should explain how you got the first email.

Keith Outten
02-29-2004, 6:54 PM
I received this message Friday Feb. 27,2004
-----------------------------------------
Folks:

I'm just writing to thank you for your work on this project. I'm an Air Force Captain stationed at Camp As Sayliyah, Qatar with the Central Command Forward Headquarters, and received a lovely handmade mesquite pen as a gracious gift from Rex Davis in Odessa, TX. It's a beautiful and functional piece, and the fact that it's made of mesquite brings back memories of home which are more precious as this deployment stretches on.

God bless your continued work, and God bless our nation!

Mark Coggins

From Camp As Sayliyah, Qatar

------------------------------------------

Julie Wright
02-29-2004, 9:08 PM
Thank for passing that note on. It's wonderful to see that something so small means so much.