PDA

View Full Version : Looks like I will be in the shop for the New Year holiday.

James Jaragosky
12-31-2007, 1:50 PM
I just got invited to but some of my work up for a showing this Friday, at the local artist and crafters boutique. Someone got one of my pieces as a x-mass present and talked to the owner of the boutique, and I got a call Saturday asking me to come in Monday and discuss putting up a table to display my stuff. I went to see the spot that they have for me this morning, and I find I am right in the main hallwall they didn’t have any room left in the gallery or booths in the mall part of the building because the spaces sold out early. But they really wanted me to set up for this Friday so I got placed in the main hallway.
The owner keep apologizing for giving me the hallway, But I like it better this way. Everyone will have to pass my work going in and out also there are no other visual distractions in the area.
Now for the big problem I haven’t got anything to put up!:eek: I don’t do extras. I have quite a few pieces that were not quite right that my wife says are fine, but to me if they were not good enough to sell to the original person that ordered them, and they definitely are not good enough to put up as a display. So I am off to the borg to get supplies. Looks like I will be in the shop for the New Year holiday.
Jim J.

Phyllis Meyer
12-31-2007, 2:00 PM
That's awesome! Did you take pictures of all your items? Run down to the nearest photo-finishing place and make yourself up a quick album. Good luck! Happy New Year!

Phyllis:)

Ricky Gore
01-01-2008, 11:04 AM
Always take pictures of your babies before you let them run off. :)

But, real samples that people can touch and hold seem to be a good idea. I am working on putting together a collection of items we can offer. I will post pics as soon as we have something worth showing. :)

Leigh Costello
01-01-2008, 2:23 PM
James,
Same boat here. We had booked our local home show last winter. Now, we are being asked to bring our "entire" engravable collection and since we "dabble" in wooden roses could we bring them too? We had planned on just a few samples and some Laserbuzz toy kits.

James Jaragosky
01-01-2008, 3:39 PM
James,
Same boat here. We had booked our local home show last winter. Now, we are being asked to bring our "entire" engravable collection and since we "dabble" in wooden roses could we bring them too? We had planned on just a few samples and some Laserbuzz toy kits.
do you mind if i ask what you are paying for a booth at the home show?
i wanted to do the home show here, but they wanted $750.00 for a small booth (single table). i just cannot swing that right now. and the chicago boat show wanted $1700.00 for a booth i usually pay anywhere between 75 and 150 for booth space for local shows.