PDA

View Full Version : Mini Gloat

Dick Parr
02-24-2004, 9:58 PM
Well I went and got one today from Woodcraft. :D Been going back and forth for the last couple of months about getting another one and finally did it. The last lathe I had sat in the shop for 5 years and was only turned on once before I sold it to get other bigger tools. This I think I can set up so that I can sit down to use and that way it will get used. Now all I have to do is learn how to use one. I'm going to sign up for some of those classes at Woodcraft to get started.

Now I have to go get something to use for sharpning. :rolleyes:

John Miliunas
02-24-2004, 10:10 PM
Well I went and got one today from Woodcraft. :D Been going back and forth for the last couple of months about getting another one and finally did it. The last lathe I had sat in the shop for 5 years and was only turned on once before I sold it to get other bigger tools. This I think I can set up so that I can sit down to use and that way it will get used. Now all I have to do is learn how to use one. I'm going to sign up for some of those classes at Woodcraft to get started.

Now I have to go get something to use for sharpning. :rolleyes:

Congrats, Dick! Don't have the little Jet myself, but I hear plenty of good things about it. Looks to me like we're going to have another FPP turner for the guys and gals across the pond! :cool:

Dick Parr
02-24-2004, 10:52 PM
Yeah John,

As soon as I get up to speed on this thing I will start turning some pens. :p I still have a few blanks left that I couldn't give away. Now I guess I'll use them. Bill Chapman stopped by this weekend and picked up some but I still have almost 200 left so I guess I'll put them to good use. :D

Dick

Jim Becker
02-25-2004, 10:01 AM
That's a great machine. Congratulations on your new lathe! Welcome (back) to the addiction! :cool:

Dick Parr
02-25-2004, 10:25 AM
Thanks Jim, I really think the reason I didn’t stay with it the last time was because of the sharpening part of the process. I didn’t know anything about it! :confused:

Now that I have taken a class on it, I understand the process and it’s not as hard as I thought. Now all I have to do is get the right equipment for it. :D

Dick

Tyler Howell
02-25-2004, 10:31 AM
The world is flat Dick.:eek: Resist the temptation from the dark side. Sell it while you still can.:p

Dick Parr
02-25-2004, 10:59 AM
I know Tyler! :rolleyes:

But I have run out of room for flat stuff. All the walls are covered and there isn't anyplace to put another piece of furniture in the house. :(

So the only thing left to do is to make small things to go into the little spaces that are left. :D

Dick