PDA

View Full Version : Peachtree Cast Iron Router Table for TS?

Wade Lippman
12-31-2007, 12:04 AM
I just bought a new TS. I was planning on building a router table for it out of corian, like I did with my old TS, but I see Peachtree has a cast iron table for only $170. If it is anygood, that might be a good option. Anyone used it?

Jim Becker
12-31-2007, 9:28 AM
First I've heard of this one, Wade. I will say that the BenchDog cast iron router setup I have is a pleasure to use...so if the design of the Peachtree product is sound, it might be a good buy.

Greg Cole
12-31-2007, 9:50 AM
$170 for a CI RT is a good price assuming it's not small, has miter gauge slots (standard size) etc...
MLCS IIRC has a CI one now too.....
Ny next one IF I buy & not build will be a Bench Dog I think.

Greg

Don Bullock
12-31-2007, 10:33 AM
According the their website the miter slots are "standard." The router plate opening is 9" x 12". I think that only the Peachtree and Rousseau router plates and lifts will fit. I assume your price of $170 is due to their current 25% sale. The wing lists for $219.99. I had thought of getting one, but it won't fit my SawStop. I also didn't realize until I just checked that there was a lift that would fit into one. How much is shipping?

Wade Lippman
12-31-2007, 10:36 AM
Woodpecker makes a 9x12 lift, but I was hoping to get by with a Freud 3000 router that claims it can do everything a lift can.