PDA

View Full Version : Walnut Hollow Form

Ron Erickson
12-30-2007, 4:03 PM
This is my first try at this shape of hollow form. Walnut 4 1/2" x 3 1/2" and very thin walls, weighing only 1 1/2 oz. Antique oil & buffed finish. Any comments welcome.

Ken Fitzgerald
12-30-2007, 4:17 PM
Gee Ron.....You need to send it to me for a little closer inspection!:D

Very pretty form, wood and finish. Nicely done Sir!

Dan Forman
12-30-2007, 4:41 PM
Looks very good to me.

Dan

Jon Lanier
12-30-2007, 4:59 PM
Very pretty! :)

Mike A. Smith
12-30-2007, 6:44 PM
That's a good one Ron, very well done!

Steve Schlumpf
12-30-2007, 6:49 PM
Very nice form Ron! Beautiful wood and finish! Seeing as how this is your first HF in this form - may I suggest trying the next one where the foot is only approx 2/3 of the opening on top. Nice work - I look forward to seeing your next HF!

Bernie Weishapl
12-30-2007, 7:07 PM
Ron that is a beauty. I really like the wood and finish. Form is great. Now the first one is under your belt the rest are easy. Well done.

Ron Erickson
12-30-2007, 7:27 PM
Very nice form Ron! Beautiful wood and finish! Seeing as how this is your first HF in this form - may I suggest trying the next one where the foot is only approx 2/3 of the opening on top. Nice work - I look forward to seeing your next HF!
Steve thanks for the advice. After the fact I wish I had made the foot smaller.

Ben Gastfriend
12-30-2007, 7:28 PM
From what I can see, (I havn't done a HF) that looks great. And the picture is quite good too!

Jim Becker
12-30-2007, 7:30 PM
Ron, that's a nice piece.

My one comment is that the sides become flat all of a sudden and for a good part of the height. If you can keep a continuous curve through the whole form, it will me much more powerful. It's a subtle thing I learned from Phil Brennion who is a former president of the AAW and someone who specializes in SW pottery style forms.

Ron Erickson
12-30-2007, 7:42 PM
Ron, that's a nice piece.

My one comment is that the sides become flat all of a sudden and for a good part of the height. If you can keep a continuous curve through the whole form, it will me much more powerful. It's a subtle thing I learned from Phil Brennion who is a former president of the AAW and someone who specializes in SW pottery style forms.
Jim thank you for the advice that is the kind of feed back I appreciate. Ron

robert hainstock
12-31-2007, 3:59 PM
That is very nice. I would add that judging from the vaarity of women that we fall for, marry, and love; the shpe of the curve that we like is a subjective thing. :)
Bob

Tom Sherman
12-31-2007, 6:00 PM
I like it Ron looks like you been practicing and it's paid off.