PDA

View Full Version : PortaMate PM1000 Mobile base at Home Depot

Lincoln Myers
12-30-2007, 9:27 AM
I just used a gift card to get one of these, looks like the HTC-1000, it has a 400 lb limit. In fact, it is made by HTC. Home Depot has them for (regular price) $29.99.

Planning on putting my bandsaw on it. I thought other Creekers could find something to put on one or two, especially at that price.

-Linc

Chuck Tringo
12-30-2007, 1:44 PM
I saw those the day after thanksgiving in Delaware when we were visiting family up there and picked 3 up. By the time I got back 2 days later, the local Borg was out. Glad i picked them up when i did.

Lincoln Myers
01-01-2008, 4:30 PM
Hmmm. Thought there's be more interest in this, am I missing something? Is this not a good deal? I haven't yet put mine together.
-Linc

Jim O'Dell
01-01-2008, 5:02 PM
Well, there have been 228 views. Just not very many responses. Many are out with the holidays. Many like me have already spent more on tools that we should have. :eek:
Sounds like a decent mobile base. Since that is their everyday price, I'll keep it in mind. Would love to have some more Herc-U-Lifts, I think I've figured out I'm 2 short. Jim.

glenn bradley
01-01-2008, 5:25 PM
I have my DP on that as I had it laying around. Not a good base for any type of movement other than the occasional swing to the left or right for long stock. I wouldn't want to move it back and forth across the shop. I discuss it a bit here: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=57448