PDA

View Full Version : Un-lurking for an Xmas gloat

Ron Ho
12-30-2007, 1:21 AM
Hi all,

Long time visitor, first-time poster. I've learned quite a bit from posts on this site and have found it to be an invaluable resource. Thanks to all.

Thought I'd make my first post to be a gloat. LOML doesn't mind my hobby, as it keeps me out of trouble, but really doesn't like to hear or read about woodworking injuries. When I mentioned in passing a tool that could prevent one type of bodily damage, she wanted to know why the (@#$& I didn't have one in the garage already.

Well, I said, it's expensive. "More than your fingers are worth?" she asked.

I pointed out that it didn't protect against all injuries, like kickback. "And that's a reason to NOT get one?" she asked.

She's a lot smarter than I am.

http://www-vlsi.stanford.edu/~ronho/saw/IMG_6663.JPG

Happy holidays all,

Ron

Randal Stevenson
12-30-2007, 1:26 AM
What is the gloat?

The Budget?
The saw?
The LOYL?

LOL.

Congratulations, welcome aboard, and thanks for going from a lurker, to a contributer.

Garth Keel
12-30-2007, 1:37 AM
Sometimes it just doesn't pay to argue. Nice gloat.:D

Scott Hubl
12-30-2007, 2:08 AM
Welcome to the forum! and CONGRATS on the new SawStop TS!:)

KEEP that lil Woman HAPPY!

Real NICE GLOAT!

Chuck Burns
12-30-2007, 3:35 AM
You've got quite a gal there. It sounds like she's a real keeper. You're going to love that saw.

BTW, how do you like the Oneida dust deputy I saw hiding out in the background?

Brad Townsend
12-30-2007, 10:24 AM
If I had tried that on my wife, she would have told me that if woodworking is that dangerous, I should take up stamp collecting.:D

Don Bullock
12-30-2007, 10:31 AM
Congratulations on the LOYL and the SawStop.:eek: That's some "first post." I sure hope we see more from you and what you've made with it. I must add that I love mine as well as the LOML for doing the same thing. Enjoy!!!:D

Jim Becker
12-30-2007, 11:12 AM
Great gloat(s) Ron!!! And I hope you'll stay on the "posting side of things" going forward, too... ;)

Ken Fitzgerald
12-30-2007, 11:17 AM
Ron...Nice saw and congrats on the LOYL!

Gary Keedwell
12-30-2007, 11:35 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v196/evsac/Video/ranchwelcome.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v196/evsac/Video/Birthday%20Smiley/congrats.gif Nice LOYL.....

Oh yea...Nice saw:D

Gary

Rick Gifford
12-30-2007, 11:36 AM
No no no no no... your first post is a new Saw Stop?!

Ok, you officially suck! :D

I gotta hide my tool purchases :cool: lol

From the photo it doesn't match your other tools. I better stop by and haul that junker away for you :p

Congrats on the new tool, and the very cool lady!

Bruce Page
12-30-2007, 12:10 PM
Sweet gloat
Welcome to SMC

Matt Meiser
12-30-2007, 12:33 PM
That's a heck of a first post Ron! Apparently you've been doing your reading and knew to post a pic too. Congratulations and welcome to SMC.

Gary Muto
12-30-2007, 12:44 PM
Congratulations Ron. Nice saw. Do I detect another gloat when the (Incra?) fence gets installed??

Mike Cutler
12-30-2007, 12:45 PM
First off. Welcome to Sawmill Creek.

Nice gloat. That's a sweet cabinet saw. It looks as of you went from a Jet Contractor saw to the Sawstop. Quite a jump.:D.;)

2nd. You need to listen to your wife more. I love her linear logic thought process.;)

Once again though. Pleased to meet ya' and welcome.

Glen Blanchard
12-30-2007, 1:16 PM
Obviously you were a dutiful husband, and replied with a sigh, "Yes, Dear". :D

Congrats. You will love that saw!!

glenn bradley
12-30-2007, 1:24 PM
That sounds like a multi-layered gloat to me.

Scott Velie
12-30-2007, 1:30 PM
Nice saw !! I wish they would make it work with dado blades.

This is my first day as a member Hi all ------

Scott

Joe Mioux
12-30-2007, 1:46 PM
Nice saw !! I wish they would make it work with dado blades.

This is my first day as a member Hi all ------

Scott

Sawstop does sell a dado blade brake and insert for this saw.

joe

btw, great gloat and welcome Ron and Scott

Ron Ho
12-30-2007, 2:01 PM
Thanks for all the comments.

Chuck -- The Oneida Dust Deputy is nice. Works well with hand sanders. I had it hooked up to a Jet contractor saw, and it was still pretty effective. But I have my doubts it will handle the output from the Sawstop...

Gary -- Yeah, I'm waiting for the adapter kit from Incra. I had the TS-LS on my Jet, and need a longer fence and longer support base for it to work on the Sawstop (30" deep table versus 27" deep table). Incra will ship it out for $60 or so, but unfortunately, I won't get it until next week.

So I can't actually use it yet. Instead, I've been putting daily coats of Topcote on the table :-)

-R