PDA

View Full Version : Vacuum System Hose

Ray Jonnes
12-29-2007, 1:35 PM
Hi Guys: I just recently hooked up a vacuum system for my lathe. I have to say it's great, I really like it and as usual, I wonder why I waited so long... Regardless, I was curious what people were using for hose? I have utilized air hose with quick disconnect fittings. They work well, but sometimes I have to turn one of the fittings just a bit to get a better connection. I'm just curious is anyone has experimented with various types of hose or connections and found the best solution. Thanks for the help, attached is a picture of what I'm using. Ray

Paul Andrews
12-29-2007, 2:32 PM
Ray, The best solution is what ever works for you! I have several lathes and two are fitted with vacuum pumps. The first system, I used a reinforced high pressure tubing connected with regular hose clamps. When I hooked up the second system I did not have enough of the reinforced tubing left so I grabbed some regular old cheap clear tubing and it works every bit as well as the first system! I did not use any quick disconnects as I was told they would leak in a vacuum situation, not sure if this is true just what I heard.