PDA

View Full Version : Finally Jumped In ...

Dave Novak
12-29-2007, 12:18 AM
... and I think I'm stuck. On December 22nd I cleaned my garage/shop cleaner than it's ever been for a Christmas party SWMBO and I were hosting on the 23rd. Seems like half the party ends up standing in the garage no matter what. But SWMBO didn't think it was clean enough, and literally vacumed and dusted the place like it was our living room. Wiped down individual pieces of wood on my scrap pile. Anyway, I was so happy with this cleanliness that I vowed to never get it that dusty again. Only one way to accomplish that - Festool my sanding operation. So Wednesday this week I spent the whole day on this forum and FOG researching. Finally called Bob Thursday afternoon to place the order. I was very tempted to pay an extra $300 or so for 2 day delivery, but luckily I wised up and accepted the free "when ever it get here is ok" shipping. Less than 24 hours later I had a pile of Festool sitting on my porch! (way to go Bob!) All I've done with it so far is assemble it, since SWMBO just had to go out tonight. I'll report my honest opinions after I've had time to actually test it all out.

Bill Wyko
12-29-2007, 12:30 AM
I just jumped off the deep end a couple days ago too. I thought I saw someone else over there.:D Let me know what you think of the boom. I have the ct33 and a few other goodies. Once I stack a few systainers on top of it, putting the hose away is a job.

Dave Novak
12-29-2007, 12:48 AM
I just jumped off the deep end a couple days ago too. I thought I saw someone else over there.:D Let me know what you think of the boom. I have the ct33 and a few other goodies. Once I stack a few systainers on top of it, putting the hose away is a job.

Saw you swimming by with a big smile on your face, didn't think you even noticed me. Nice thing about the boom is you never have to put the hose/cord away. I read everything written on this forum and on FOG about the CT 22/33, and it seemed unanamous, everyone who purchased the boom loved it. I saw enough pictures of the hose and cord all tangled in a mess on the floor to convince me, but the final blow was Per Swenson's passionate endorsement. You simply can't look at Per's work and argue with anything he says about tools.

Bill Wyko
12-29-2007, 12:55 AM
Thanks. Do you have a link to his work? That'll be the next investment. Is the handle part of the package too?

Dave Novak
12-29-2007, 1:50 AM
Thanks. Do you have a link to his work? That'll be the next investment. Is the handle part of the package too?

He's a member here. Look him up and read his post about the bar. Trust me.

Dave Novak
12-29-2007, 1:53 AM

No, the handle adds something like $60, and the boom's about $220. Have to have the handle to get the boom. It was a joy to assemble.

Jim Becker
12-29-2007, 9:49 AM
Yea, you jumped!!! Congratulations!

As an aside, I'm still thinking about that boom...but haven't been able to pull the trigger yet...

Don Bullock
12-29-2007, 10:26 AM
Congratulations Dave. That 's fantastic.

Bob's been very busy this week - the Festool pool was rather crowded.:D I jumped in and bought my first Festool too. On Wednesday night I ordered a RO 125 (gloat to follow when it arrives in California). My MIL gave me cash for Christmas so I used it toward the sander. Unlike you I haven't shot my wad on the dust extraction yet. SWMBO and I are going to budget one in, hopefully this year, along with another Festool product.;)

"Michael Hinkel"
12-30-2007, 10:53 AM
I really like the boom setup on my ct33, however I took off the stabilizer legs and so far they aren't missed. I use mine in a shop, the legs are probably a must have if you are working on rough terrain.