PDA

View Full Version : Awesome!!!

Jay Boesman
12-29-2007, 12:00 AM
After patiently waiting for nine months, the stork finally dropped off my new bundle of joy last Saturday. Thanks to each and every one of you that contributed in this community. This is by far the most educational forum on the net. I have lurked around here for a little less than a year now and I produced my first successful portrait engraving 2 hours after I unpackaged the machine. I made a sale for $300 more the next day.

A little about me: I am an IT consultant (SQL Database developer), Graphic artist, family man, and an uncontrollable taste for steak. Served in the United States Marine Corps and been all over Asia and the Pacific islands. I hope that I can supply knowledge in the near future as you all have done.

Thank you. My 2008 contribution will be on its way.

Stephen Beckham
12-29-2007, 12:40 AM
Jay,

Is Frazeysburg a real town :eek:...? Seriously - Welcome aboard! :)

Mike Null
12-29-2007, 8:15 AM
Steve

As an old Buckeye I take offense at such unkind remarks. This little town is located in the hills of beautiful south eastern Ohio and, if my memory serves, is in the same county which gave us John Glenn.

Jay, glad to have you join the gang here on SMC.

Go Bucks!

Semper Fi

Anthony Scira
12-29-2007, 12:15 PM
Geez was thet 300 bucks for one photo ?

The laser is the easy part. The real hard part is learning how to use the software !

Jay Boesman
12-29-2007, 10:16 PM
Steve

As an old Buckeye I take offense at such unkind remarks. This little town is located in the hills of beautiful south eastern Ohio and, if my memory serves, is in the same county which gave us John Glenn.

Jay, glad to have you join the gang here on SMC.

Go Bucks!

Semper Fi

Thanks for the warm welcome!

That's right!!! Muskingum County. About an hour east of Columbus. John Glenn has made his visits to the small town of Frazeysburg, mainly to visit the Longaberger Company, which is a very popular, yet expensive basket compay here in OH-IO country. It is beautiful...a little backwards...but beautiful, and safe to raise kids.

I showed a few people the engraving I did of my kids, and they went nuts..."What-n-tha-world"..."Can you 'light saber' som'en on my shotgun?"..."...like a Buck Rogers laser gun?" So I believe this is going to be a hit in my neck of the woods. No pun intended...:)

Jay Boesman
12-29-2007, 10:25 PM
Geez was thet 300 bucks for one photo ?

The laser is the easy part. The real hard part is learning how to use the software !

No...I wish!!! He ordered 6 engravings of the same photo. He volunteered the price. I was actually going to be a little cheaper due to it being the same picture and I wouldn't have to mod the image after completing the first one.

Yeah...I can hold my own in photoshop, never seen Corel in person, photograve interests me due to simplifing the process between the different material. HOWEVER, I did use the settings that I found here in SMC in photoshop that created a beautiful photo engraving that I have been using to "Pimp the product". But I agree, the laser seems easy, and the software will be the challenge.

william kennington
12-30-2007, 4:40 AM
Congratulations on the new addition to the family. Yes indeed, this is a great forum. I am in Spain right now on vacation for Christmas and still checking in almost daily to read all the valuable help.
Semper Fi! USMC Retired in 1992 after twenty years.

Happy New Year from Spain

Bryan Pinnacle M30, Corel Draw, Photograv,

Stephen Beckham
12-30-2007, 12:34 PM
Mike - no intended offense - I would have called you an Old Buck if I'd known - oh wait - is that Old Buckeye or just plain old Buck...? :p

Happy New Year

Mike Null
12-30-2007, 2:13 PM
Steve

Just old.

Stephen Beckham
12-30-2007, 5:27 PM
:D:D:D:D:D Ha... Ha... Happy New Year....

Mike DeRegnaucourt
12-30-2007, 6:57 PM
Hi Jay,

Welcome from one Buckeye to another...and fellow database guy. I work my regular day job in the IT world. I'm currently working with Oracle and Supra databases.

I totally agree with you, SMC is an incredible forum and the folks on here are great. If you have any questions, SMC is the place you will most likely find the answer.

Congratualtions on the new laser and your first sale!

Kim Haubert
12-30-2007, 8:46 PM
Buckeyes all over. Last time I was in SE Ohio I stopped a lady along the road and asked for the nearest motel. It was dusk and THERE WERE NO NEAR MOTELS!!! Found a campsite. Nice part of the state. :o)

Tomorrow I am off for a laser demo. :o)

Kim from NW Ohio