PDA

View Full Version : 1st try posting pic

Bill Bolen
12-28-2007, 11:23 PM
If the photo shows up it is a walnut lidded box 4 1/2 X 6. It was spitt out of the cole jaws and hung up cutting a groove all the way around the lip. I pitched it into the burn bucket in disgust. The next day I took it out of the bucket and turned the groove deepeer and added some texturing. I like the way the "mistake" turned out. Hope the pic makes the trip...Bill...Well it made the trip but sure is small. When I click on it she doesn't get bigger either.....OH well! Back to the drawing board!

Dean Thomas
12-28-2007, 11:57 PM
Cute little box. I'm anxious to see it larger!

If you're doing this with files from your own computer, you need to edit your picture so that it is about 100 or 109 kilobytes. The one you're showing is about 3 Kb. If you make your picture to have 72 dpi resolution, your software should tell you how many total kb you have for a given size. Resize it until you are under the max allowed (110 for jpg??) and save it. Then upload it. It will make its own thumbnail.

If you want to do your own final sizing, you can create your own free account at a site like Photobucket.com and use their IMG command shown with your pic and just paste that in. If you look under the Freedom Pen Project forum (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=68639) at the #3 post in that thread, I just posted one that is MUCH larger than the usual thumbnails, and much larger in size than normal as well. No balk at all since it borrows the image and just uses it with no space taken up on SMC.

Hope it helps.

Bernie Weishapl
12-29-2007, 12:03 AM
That is a great looking box William. Yea a little larger picture would help. Well done and nice save.

Bill Wyko
12-29-2007, 1:01 AM
As well as I can see it, it looks great.:D

Steve Schlumpf
12-29-2007, 1:06 AM
Nice looking box William! Glad you gave it a second chance!

Should be a lot of info on posting photos on the Support Forum. If you still need help - let us know!

Kevin McPeek
12-29-2007, 2:53 PM
Great save. You did very good on that one.

Glenn Hodges
12-29-2007, 3:51 PM
I like it a whole bunch.

Bill Bolen
12-29-2007, 4:09 PM
Thanks Dean.....you got me going in the right direction posting a pic......Bill

Ken Fitzgerald
12-29-2007, 4:15 PM
Bill.........I wished I could get a box to turn out like that! Form, finish, just fantastic!

Ben Gastfriend
12-29-2007, 4:15 PM
Nice box. And the texture "coverup" really works well. And the picture you just put up is bigger and better- good job.

Dean Thomas
12-29-2007, 7:51 PM
Thanks Dean.....you got me going in the right direction posting a pic
Always happy to help where I can. Second pic shows a very nice piece of work. I admire the patience needed to do the texturing as you've done on this piece. Good work!

Jim Becker
12-29-2007, 10:21 PM
That's a beautiful piece!! Very nice!

Tom Sherman
12-30-2007, 1:10 AM
I think that is a very nice box, the detail in the groove is unique. Very well done.