PDA

View Full Version : Little issue with my Festool CT33 and festool passed the test.

Bill Wyko
12-28-2007, 6:39 PM
Last night I went to plug in my new Domino on the port that allows the DC to come on with the tool and the plug felt very loose. No power to the outlet. I contacted Festool tech support. They said I could take it back for an exchange or they could send me a new part. I opted for the new part so they sent it out today. They said the clips can be repaired but they would wrather send me a new plug outlet. They also said they only had a very few with this issue and were sorry that this one slipped through the cracks. Long story long, great service and support as far as I can tell.

John Russell
12-28-2007, 10:49 PM
I have had a couple of small issues with my Festools, including my Ct-22. When I called Festool support, the information and serviced provided resolved the issue. Service is always part of the equation when buying equipment, and my experience with Festool has been positive.

Bill Wyko
12-29-2007, 12:38 AM
I actually took the plug apart tonight and all it was, was a matter of bending the little tabs in the receptical a little and it was fine. Took the Domino for a test drive and glued up a test piece. I'll report asap.

Bill Wyko
12-29-2007, 12:39 AM
I have had a couple of small issues with my Festools, including my Ct-22. When I called Festool support, the information and serviced provided resolved the issue. Service is always part of the equation when buying equipment, and my experience with Festool has been positive.
What was the issue you came across, if you don't mind my asking?

Joel Trombley
01-03-2008, 4:47 PM
Well, I'll chime in... I too have had issues with my Festool vac outlets (I have two)... seems that the leads attached to the receptacle were bound together too tightly with a small zip tie (inside the vac)... was causing the metal contacts inside the receptacle to spring out, restricting the hot and neutral 'holes'.

To their credit, Festool service is very responsive and competent. In my case, it wasn't parts that were the problem... was an actual assembly problem. Either way, now I've got a spare receptacle assembly.

Joel

Lance Feagan
01-03-2008, 10:20 PM
I actually had the plug on my CT33 go bad for a different reason--it burnt out. Festool was great about getting the replacement receptacle out to me in a jiffy and the fix was just two screws and three wire leads of effort.

Eric Haycraft
01-03-2008, 11:12 PM
Your post reminded me to call festool. My ct33 came without one of those square nuts (or I lost it) to attach the cord holder. Anyway, called them up today..was almost immediately on the phone with a rep. After I stated the problem, all they wanted was my name & address and they dropped a couple nuts in the mail for me.
Very happy with their service :)

Jesse Cloud
01-03-2008, 11:16 PM
I've had a couple of items damaged in shipping. Same experience as above. New parts in the mail ASAP, no hassles.

Way different from B&D/DeWalt/PC....