PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Purchase Grizzly G1023SLX Tablesaw

Bob DiGiacomo
12-28-2007, 7:22 PM
I just ordered the Grizzly G1023SLX Tablesaw minutes ago :). Any Feedback from people who have this machine would be greatly appreciated. Also wondering how many people will I need to get this thing off the delivery truck and into my garage? With Regards. Bobby D.

Lee Koepke
12-28-2007, 7:44 PM
I just ordered the Grizzly G1023SLX Tablesaw minutes ago :). Any Feedback from people who have this machine would be greatly appreciated. Also wondering how many people will I need to get this thing off the delivery truck and into my garage? With Regards. Bobby D.
i have the "sl" .. i already had a 50" Bies ....

mine came on a lift gate truck ( luck of the draw?) and I had to get it to the basement. two of us lifted it onto a furniture dolly about 3/4" lower than the pallet it came on .. then after assembly, me, wife and 16 yr old lifted it off the dolly to the ground. 461 lbs is manageable with 3 or 4 helpers.

oh, and the saw is awesome. I have spent the entire week down there 8-10 hours / day making sawdust. You will love it.

Don Bullock
12-28-2007, 7:53 PM
Bob, congratulations on your saw purchase. While I don't have a Grizzly saw I did get a jointer from them this year. I paid a few $$ extra for liftgate service and the FedEx Freight driver wheeled it into my garage.:D

Bob DiGiacomo
12-28-2007, 7:59 PM
Lee,
I guess I will get the help of my brother and my father to get the machine in my shop. How long will it take me to assemble the whole saw? Do you run your saw on a 20 or 30 amp circuit? Thanks Bob

Bob DiGiacomo
12-28-2007, 8:02 PM
Don,
I am going to try to get the lift gate service. I won't be able to rip my full sheets of 3/4" plywood with a bad back. Good tip. Bob

john white
12-28-2007, 9:16 PM
hey bob, i recieved my new slx back in august and love it,great saw. i did pay x-tra for a lift gate truck and the ups driver wheeled it into my shop. i guess you could get 4 strong backs to get it off the truck if you had to. i had the saw up and running in a couple of hrs with a little help. i wired it to a 20 amp designated circuit. i also ran 6in. pipe for dc and fabricated it to the oposite side of the cabinet. i'm real pleased with the saw and the 8in. jointer(a month later) and hope you will be also. good luck. john

Brian Kent
12-28-2007, 9:18 PM
I got the 1023SL. It took a couple of hours to set things up. I received it on a summer day over 100° - it really helps getting the protective gunk off the table.

Definitely lift-gate service. Mine was about $30. The guy rolled it right up the driveway for me. Mine came in two boxes. Yours will come in 4, with the biggest being just under 400 lbs.

When he left, I took off the cardboard off the main machine. I wanted to see how hard it would be to move it around. I lifted as hard as I could and there was no movement whatsoever. Then I realized I was standing on the pallet that it was still bolted to.:eek:

I have never had an ounce of desire for something more or something different. I am just a beginner/intermediate woodworker, but I am entirely happy with this.

Dennis Kelly
12-28-2007, 9:43 PM
Hello Bob!!!
Just last week I had the G0478 delivered to my home. Mine is a hybrid but the weights are very similar.
I had a liftgate truck deliver my saw, and this was arranged with ups before delivery so there was no extra charge. Once they got it off the truck I just strapped it to a dolly and had two friends help me get it into the basement. It wasn't as hard as I was expecting and well worth it!!!!

Dennis

Lee Koepke
12-28-2007, 9:46 PM
It didnt take long at all ... if I did JUST the set up. I was tinkering with other things, but i figure a couple of hours.

I use a 20 A circuit based on the manual and its working fine. I will post some pics after this weekend. I finished the side table/outfeed as well as my CMS station. I ripped some Maple for my trim and the saw worked fine. No problems at all.

I am quite please.

Robert Payne
12-29-2007, 1:32 AM
I bought my G1023SLX in 2004 at the Muncy, PA store and brought it back to NC with several other tools in my Ranger truck. Took 2 of us to off load it using pinned 2 x 10 ramps with midway support blocks to minimize sagging. Took 4 of us to move it around my house to the basement where it is now. We used sheets of old plywood and rollers to move the heaviest section. I love it -- run a Forrest WWII full kerf blade with 5" stabilizer and it rocks!

Bob DiGiacomo
12-31-2007, 4:13 PM
Good advice for you all Thanks. Time to start figuring out what to make first.

Corey Wilcox
12-31-2007, 4:39 PM
When my tools from Grizzly showed up at the house I backed my truck up to the delivery truck and pushed them in. Luckily it was only about a 6" difference in height. Once I had them in my truck I used two 2X6's as ramps (make sure to brace them into position at ground level) and slid the boxes down to the ground outside my basement door. From there I just dragged, pushed and cursed them into the house. I'm certainly not the World's Strongest Man, but I was able to do all of this by myself by taking things slow. However, a helper would have been much appreciated.