PDA

View Full Version : antique lumber

Matt Schell
12-28-2007, 5:16 PM
for any of you out there in the northeast. I saw an ad on hartford craigslist listing some 240 year old oak planks from an attic. Anyway I went to check it out (I have a flooring client who is toying with the idea of antique boards plus I was curious) It looked like a decent deal the oak??? was over 12" wide and most of the planks were 14' long. Being an attic floor there was very little wear there is a layer of grime though. There was about 600 sq ft and the guy is asking 2 grand for everything. I did a little research via google and the price seemed really pretty good. Of particular interest there were three "monster" pine planks in the center of the attic (atleast 15" x 14') that were really nice. If I had the cash flow and the storage or if I could find someone that wanted to use it as flooring. I would really consider it (just the idea that this stuff was installed before the Declaration of Independence was signed is pretty cool) so I thought I would let people know about it. The craigslist ad is probably about a week old now.

Roy Hatch
12-28-2007, 6:12 PM
Matt, Your "Antique Lumber" caught my eye. About a year ago I had the opportunity to make a tour of one of the local wood salvagers in our area (Western NC). Of course if you need new, look elsewhere - much of their's is over 100 yr old and some over 200. But it sure is pretty. Since I was there, they have developed an interesting website: http://www.wholeloglumber.com/
Don't blame me if it doesn't fit into your budget.

Roy

Lee Koepke
12-28-2007, 7:49 PM
Matt, Your "Antique Lumber" caught my eye. About a year ago I had the opportunity to make a tour of one of the local wood salvagers in our area (Western NC). Of course if you need new, look elsewhere - much of their's is over 100 yr old and some over 200. But it sure is pretty. Since I was there, they have developed and interesting website: http://www.wholeloglumber.com/
Don't blame me if it doesn't fit into your budget.

Roy
wow, thats a nice website. One of these days, I would like to visit them and bring home some stock ...