PDA

View Full Version : Hock irons and chipbreakers 50% off at Rockler retail stores

David Tiell
12-28-2007, 1:25 PM
Based on a previous thread, I placed a call to a couple Rockler retail stores. They verified that they are discontinuing the Hock line in the retail stores, and were selling their current stock at 50% off. Both stores I spoke with were willing to ship at the customer's expense. If you are interested, get them while they last!

Dave

John Dykes
12-28-2007, 2:13 PM
Was just in my Denver store to get more...

Some fella from Maryland bought them all... :(

- jbd

Edit: Now I know who.... DAVID!

Edit: Took me a few hours on the phone, but after about 20 stores - I've got enough to last me a lifetime... And my old Rockler store in Cincinnati said David hit them up too...

It's a bit of a shame that 90% of the salespeople at Rockler didn't seem to know what a Hock plane blade or chip breaker was.

Glenn Madsen
12-28-2007, 5:39 PM
"It's a bit of a shame that 90% of the salespeople at Rockler didn't seem to know what a Hock plane blade or chip breaker was."

That's because Rockler doesn't sell hand planes, really. And hand tool folks aren't the ones who typically got to work there for $9 per hour to supplement their retirement, either.

And Groz doesn't make a hand plane, no matter what they tell you. It's a forgery. :D

David Tiell
12-28-2007, 6:13 PM
[quote=John Dykes;729674]Was just in my Denver store to get more...

Some fella from Maryland bought them all... :(

- jbd

Edit: Now I know who.... DAVID!

And my old Rockler store in Cincinnati said David hit them up too... /quote]

John,
Sorry about that.:D I started where you mentioned, and had to look at a second place (third, really, as the second store I called had none at all) to get the rest of what I wanted. It really wasn't all that much. I only got two 2" irons and chipbreakers, a 2 3/8" iron and chipbreaker, and a 1 3/8" iron for the block plane. I KNOW I left some in Cincy. I didn't want to seem greedy.

It was kind of funny though. The guy in the Colorado store, Rich, knew exactly where I live when gave him my mailing address. He said he has family about 20 minutes from here, and they come over to a local burger joint half a block from my house when they are in town. It really is a small world!

Wilbur Pan
12-28-2007, 8:28 PM
And Groz doesn't make a hand plane, no matter what they tell you.

Well, they do, if by "hand plane" you mean "paperweight". ;)