PDA

View Full Version : Rustic table leg ideas wanted

Michael McCoy
12-28-2007, 1:03 PM
I just milled this for some friends so they could turn it into a weather station with clock insert. Sometime over the weekend, they changed their minds and now want me to come up with a way to turn it into an end table for their enclosed porch.

I'm trying to get some ideas about making legs/support of some kind for this piece of cedar. I had originally thought about using some rough cut walnut in an "X" arrangement but I'd like to come up with some more options. Any ideas out there about what to do for legs on this thing? This piece was originally rough cut at a severe taper so it started at 4" on one end tapering down to 1 1/2" at the other. I was finally able to even it out at 1 1/4". As you can see from the pic, my hand tool bench is a little less than traditional. :)

Dale Johnson
12-28-2007, 1:10 PM
i have the same workbench... any chance you can work in three sections of branch and make it like a milking stool? or maybe a single large branch with a smaller slab for a base? if the ideas are bad i'll blame the vicodine.
dale

Michael McCoy
12-28-2007, 1:20 PM
Dale -- I'm still tossing around the idea of turning about a two inch pedestal attached to a smaller framework under the top for support. I have some natural edge walnut slab that I could resaw for a base but I'm not sure that contrast would be attractive.