PDA

View Full Version : "Weekend Doin's" New Years Edition

Karl Laustrup
12-28-2007, 6:54 AM
Friday December 28th, 2007

GOOD MORNING "CREEKERS"!

It's really amazing how 2007 has seemed to fly by. In some respects, I guess, that's a good thing. There just doesn't seem to be enough time in the day to accomplish everything though.

We head up north Saturday for Christmas with our youngest son and his kids. It's also youngest's B-Day today. 35. Sheesh. Where does the time go. We'll be home in time to watch the Rose Parade and all the bowl games on New Year's day though.

We are in for some more weather today. A storm is approaching and could give us as much as 5 inches of new snow. I think that will give us the all time record for snow in December, which is 35 inches now, set in 2000. I only hope the rest of the season is like it was in 2000. After December I don't think we got any more until the end of the season snow in late March.

Lot's of football this weekend. Bowl games. Final games of the regular season for the NFL, which I hope to at least catch the Packers game.

So what's on the agenda for you this weekend? Anyone got big New Years Eve plans? Whatever they may be, please be safe both in the shop and out and about. Here's wishing you a safe and

HAPPY NEW YEAR, 2008

Karl

Jim Becker
12-28-2007, 8:42 AM
More of the same. More shop time, too... Happy New Year!

Lee Koepke
12-28-2007, 9:22 AM
I have had off work since last Friday ( yeah ) and i have been building workshop cabinets, and I THINK I will be finished with the bulk of them tomorrow.

I got the carcass of my new CMS station done yesterday, with a coat of stain, trim it out today and build a fence system for it ...

Its been an awesome week.

Nancy Laird
12-28-2007, 10:12 AM
Finishing up some laser jobs, helping hubby finish some cabinet doors and drawer fronts, relaxing, and just doing some household "puttering" and putting things back together after Christmas. Doing the year-end books - bah!!

Nancy

Gary Keedwell
12-28-2007, 10:31 AM
Big game tomorrow nite. We'll see if my team can be the only team in history to win 16 regular season games AND be undefeated.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/BobbyG53/NewEnglandPatriots1.gif Go Pats

Gary

Mike Marcade
12-28-2007, 11:34 AM
2 words - COLLEGE FOOTBALL!

Thomas Knighton
12-28-2007, 11:40 AM
Let me see...

Watch the Patriots make history
Watch my Georgia Bulldogs kick a little butt on New Year's Day
Eagerly await the pile of hand tools I ordered yesterday as a late Christmas present to me
And then the downside of the weekend, which will be more of going through my Grandmother's possessions :(

It's going to be an up and down weekend, depending on how a couple of football teams do.

Tom

Nancy Laird
12-28-2007, 11:59 AM
Let me see...Watch my Georgia Bulldogs kick a little butt on New Year's DayTom

Oh, yeah. Watch my Tennessee Vols kick some Wisconsin butt on New Year's Day...almost forgot about that.

Nancy

Ken Fitzgerald
12-28-2007, 1:02 PM
Clean up the place..........Start unpacking and installing the Oneida.......Maybe....maybe...if I can get away from the day job.....turn an NE.

David Duke
12-28-2007, 1:16 PM
Finish pulling down and storing Christmas decorations, stain/finish the oven cabinet I built last weekend. I may be installing a new hot water heater in the garage, burner wasn't burning real clean so I blew it out, now the pilot won't light..............if I do I'm thinking about going to the tankless variety, the only thing it will serve is the washing machine and it won't require a high volume unit.

Hope everyone has had a wonderful year, please be extra careful and watch out for those crazies this weekend (you know who your are!!!!!!!!!!!).

Jeff Cybulski
12-28-2007, 6:04 PM
Watching college football and finish cleaning up all the storm damaged trees. Should have some nice burls for turning although it Blackjack Oak.

Have a Happy and Safe New Year!

Jeff

RickT Harding
12-29-2007, 2:00 AM
Have to do the little brother's b-day on Sat since he's a Christmas baby. I assembled the bench dog router table and will start milling stock for my upcoming hall table. Just have to finish mounting the new infeed/outfeed tables I made up for the planer. Always a screw or two short AFTER the hardware store closes.