PDA

View Full Version : Delta Customer Service

tom chapman
12-28-2007, 12:24 AM
wow !!! had to replace the fence on my dj20 . called them gave my serial number - they took my address and are sending a new one . i dont even have to mess with sending the old one back . second time delta c/s has come through for me . their awsome .

Mike Heidrick
12-28-2007, 1:34 AM
I absolutely love my big Delta tools.

It seems Delta and Steel City and of course Sawstop have super awesome customer service from my experience. The Delta Service centers have also been awesome.

I guess for WW tools we really are lucky in that most manuf are really really good, and most of thd dealers are really really good. I really do not hear too many compliants.

Most of the complaints come when dealers do not sell us tools at 1/15th of the cost that they should be during some pricing change and 90% of the time we know we are going to have issues with the deal when we place the order, but we still place that order eyes wide open.

Ken Shoemaker
12-28-2007, 6:41 AM
AGREED!! I have all Delta tools and I would do it again in a heartbeat for the reasons you guys just mentioned.

I had a funky T2 fence on my TS. I called them two years after I bought it to see how to order another one. They send me the face, free of charge, no questions asked, even after two years (it's not and X5 either). I've since upgraded to a Bes during the Lowes frenzy.

I'm hoping they come out with a lunchbox sander like the Griz.

Ken

Bob Aquino
12-28-2007, 7:33 AM
wow !!! had to replace the fence on my dj20 . called them gave my serial number - they took my address and are sending a new one . i dont even have to mess with sending the old one back . second time delta c/s has come through for me . their awsome .

I've had good luck in dealing with them in the past, nice to know they are still giving excellent service after the buyout.

Brian Penning
12-28-2007, 8:00 AM
Strange isn't it....You couldn't give me a Delta tool...or you could if you wanted to, so that I'd sell it.
Every Delta tool I've had, large or small, I had problems with -tenoning jig, bandsaw, contractor tablesaw, and 2 other tools I can't think of at this moment.
Plus, up here they closed/moved their customer service centre due to B&D taking over.

Dale Johnson
12-28-2007, 9:06 AM
i'll agree with brian. not enough money on earth to get me to buy delta again. i ordered a new motor for a delta midi lathe from the local service center. they didn't have it but would call when it came in. $99.95 offered to pay in advance. no, wait until it gets here. three weeks later i called to see if it ever showed up. still on backorder and by the way, the price went up. $149.95. bought a jet. customer service used to be great, usually only waited a day for a part. b&d seems to have ruined them.

Cary Falk
12-28-2007, 6:08 PM
I have not had any problems with Delta CS within the last couple of years and have no issues buying Delta tools if they fit my needs.