PDA

View Full Version : Stanley #45

John Tallyn
12-27-2007, 10:10 PM
Ran across a Stanley # 45 in good shape. Any thoughts on what this plane with the cutters in the original wood boxes would be worth. Blades 10 - 19, # 9, blades 21 - 27, #5, #1.
As far as I can tell the only thing missing is the nicker on left fence. It is missing some of the nickel plating, probably has 95% of the plating still intact.

Thanks for any help.
John

Mark Stutz
12-27-2007, 10:44 PM
John,
Kinda hard to say. Pictures would help. These go for $75 to $150 and up depending on condition, with a box, phase of the moon, etc. You can get a fair idea by looking at completed auctions on the auction site. If you frequent estate sales, auctions, etc. you can pick them up cheaper because you'll see lots. Also depends where in the country you are as to the numbers of ald tools out there. Sorry I'm not more help.

harry strasil
12-27-2007, 11:46 PM
depending on type , original type I had 19 blades to the later ones which came with 23 blades.

Sam Yerardi
01-11-2008, 3:45 PM
When I bought my #45 I paid about $350 but it was in mint condition in the original box, with all of the cutters, etc. And at the time they were a little harder to find because the internet wasn't around yet for the average guy. I found an ad in the back of Fine Woodworking. Today you can find close to the same thing in the price ranges mentioned here. There not too hard to find on ebay.