PDA

View Full Version : Gloat

Terry Quiram
02-23-2004, 9:22 PM
We just installed cable modem. Holy cow is this sucker ever fast. I loaded Bill's roughing post in 5 seconds. Last night it took 3 minutes. Now maybe I can read the forums and still have time for shop in the evenings.

Grinning ear to ear,
Terry

Todd Burch
02-23-2004, 10:07 PM
Terry,

Welcome to the 1990's!

Ken Fitzgerald
02-24-2004, 12:00 AM
Terry, enjoy! I'm lucky....my employer requires that I have DSL, cable modem or satellite and they pay the bill!

P.S. I've got a good idea where Roanoke is.....my wife's from Fairbury and I lived in Cornell for a couple of years.

Jason Roehl
02-24-2004, 7:03 AM
Terry,

Welcome to the 1990's!

TODD!! Stop that!! I DO have coffee in my system, and I AM awake.
:D

Hey--I got DSL in '02, I think. I just can't wait until I can afford turn-of-the-millenium vehicles now....

BTW, congrats on the cable modem, Terry. You won't ever go back to dialup.

Tyler Howell
02-24-2004, 8:12 AM
Welcome Terry.

It is like Neander and Power tools. You can get into a lot of trouble a whole lot faster:p

Spence DePauw
02-24-2004, 8:19 AM
You'll love it, Terry. I got mine as soon as it was available here. Sure cuts down on "phone contention", like having call waiting disconnect you in the middle (or just before the end :mad: ) of a download...

Did you buy your own modem, or get one from the cable company. I'm buying my own, as I found out that $10/mo was modem rental for a $75 device!

Spence

Terry Quiram
02-24-2004, 8:31 PM
I bought my own. I didn't worry about call waiting I ran another line in for the computer so its just about a wash as far as cost. Anything good at the last club meeting?