PDA

View Full Version : X/Y Disabled: X ERROR

Ken Maxwell
12-27-2007, 8:09 PM
I was doing a job and my laser went to go home and I think the table seamed to come up to high, but I get that error and I can't get it off the error. Nothing will clear it. Has anyone had this problem before?
I called Epilog and they seam to be on Christmas break. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Larry Bratton
12-27-2007, 8:25 PM
I was doing a job and my laser went to go home and I think the table seamed to come up to high, but I get that error and I can't get it off the error. Nothing will clear it. Has anyone had this problem before?
I called Epilog and they seam to be on Christmas break. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Ken:
You have turned it off and back on again..right?

Ken Maxwell
12-27-2007, 8:31 PM
yup many times

Scott Shepherd
12-27-2007, 8:40 PM
Have you cleaned the encoder strip? Reversed the encoder cable? Those are probably the 1st 2 things they will tell you to do.

Mike Hood
12-27-2007, 8:55 PM
Try taking your head assy all the way to the upper left corner, lowering the table and restarting the machine. Hopefully nothing broke loose in the collision.

Ken Maxwell
12-27-2007, 9:07 PM
I cant get the Table to go down at all. The auto focus plunger is spring loaded so its all ok. I got the vector table out and tried it and still nothing while the error is there. I can move it manually just fine but I can't set a new home position, it wont except anything on the control panel. It goes home and then hits the error. it might be on an "X" limit.

Mike Hood
12-27-2007, 9:11 PM
I cant get the Table to go down at all. The auto focus plunger is spring loaded so its all ok. I got the vector table out and tried it and still nothing while the error is there. I can move it manually just fine but I can't set a new home position, it wont except anything on the control panel. It goes home and then hits the error. it might be on an "X" limit.

Tried running the table down by hand (by turning the belts below). It might be thinking it's still too high to properly boot. I had something similar happen to me, and running everything down, and starting from home position it passed and ran fine from then on.

Ken Maxwell
12-27-2007, 9:35 PM
Thats what I was thinking but couldn't see any easy place to get to the cables down below.

Robert Alexander
12-27-2007, 9:41 PM
Ken,
The same thing happened on my Epilog Helix. I manually lowered the table to the lower limit of the table. And it worked fine after that.

Ken Maxwell
12-27-2007, 9:49 PM
How did you manually lower it?

Robert Alexander
12-27-2007, 9:52 PM
Ken,
I turned off the machine. Then I took off the front cover. There is a belt at the bottom of the machine that goes from left to right. Start pulling the belt to the left or right. (i can't remember which way to lower it) I am not in my shop right now.

Ken Maxwell
12-27-2007, 10:00 PM
THAT WORKED. I knew there was a way to do it. It was the belt that runs from side to side, as soon as I lowered the table a little bit it was fine. You gotta love the internet, where else could you find info like this out. THANKS AGAIN. NOW BACK TO WORK.

Robert Alexander
12-27-2007, 10:09 PM
Ken,
You are hearby promoted to Epilog Tecknition 3rd class. For repair work done in the middle of a job that was half done.:):D

Tim Bateson
12-28-2007, 10:17 PM
Ken,

Had the same problem when my Epilog was dropped off the truck by the UPS driver. I was told to unplug all the wires from the main circuit board and reconnect them. Worked great.

Mike Hood
12-28-2007, 10:44 PM
VERY COOL!!!

I think if it initializes and ANY of the limit switches are engaged, it drops out of the boot sequence and fails.

Kevin Traywick
01-04-2018, 6:30 PM
Tried running the table down by hand (by turning the belts below). It might be thinking it's still too high to properly boot. I had something similar happen to me, and running everything down, and starting from home position it passed and ran fine from then on.

Thanks you two for helping me out 10 years later. I was in the office needing to run a few jobs on 12/28/17 and ran into the same issue. I have a Epilog Helix and was changing out the table and forgot to lay one of the side rulers down. Lucky and thankful there was no damage. Just had to turn the belts to lower table hit the switch and that little optic got on the X rail and took the redeye home. HAPPY NEW YEAR :)