PDA

View Full Version : Domino owners, are there any tricks I should know about

Bill Wyko
12-27-2007, 6:04 PM
Now that I have this Domino thing, are there any secrets, tricks or idiosyncrasies I should be aware of?

Brice Burrell
12-27-2007, 6:33 PM
Bill, the Domino is a great tool, you may want to try checking out the FOG site. You'll get a lot of help over there. Festool Owner Group (FOG)

Steve Wargo
12-27-2007, 8:28 PM
Here's a tip I'll give you. Make you're own tenons. I bought the Domino a few weeks ago. Awesome tool BTW. I made about 300 tenons of the 10mm variety in about 13 minutes. All out of scrap wood from the big piece I have going on right now. Did I mention awesome tool. I imagine you could make them even faster with a bullnose bit in the router table, but alas my quartee round worked great. Congrats on the purchase. Have I said anything about it being an awesome tool yet? You'll be pleased. I know I am.

Rick Christopherson
12-27-2007, 9:52 PM
You could take a look at the supplemental manual at http://www.waterfront-woods.com/festool/Domino_DF_500.pdf

Bill Wyko
12-31-2007, 4:12 PM
Here's a tip I'll give you. Make you're own tenons. I bought the Domino a few weeks ago. Awesome tool BTW. I made about 300 tenons of the 10mm variety in about 13 minutes. All out of scrap wood from the big piece I have going on right now. Did I mention awesome tool. I imagine you could make them even faster with a bullnose bit in the router table, but alas my quartee round worked great. Congrats on the purchase. Have I said anything about it being an awesome tool yet? You'll be pleased. I know I am.
Steve, that's a great idea. I just realized that, that is the ideal thing to do with the boxes and boxes of tiny scrapps I just can't seem to throw away.