PDA

View Full Version : In Memorium

Fred Voorhees
12-27-2007, 5:08 PM
Don't know how many of you guys either watch This Old House and/or subscribe to the TOH magazine, but I just got my newest in the mail today and it carried some sad news. Joe Ferrante, the tiling contractor that the show has used for a great many years suffered a massive heart attack at the TOH project jobsite in Newton,Massachusetts. I have been watching TOH for a good many years and when they started a new project, you could almost rest assured that sometime, somewhere down the line, Joe would show up with his tile saw. It seems as if an old friend is gone.

I scanned the small article and have posted it below. If this is anything against the rules in any way shape or form, administrators, please feel free to eliminate the post or at least the attachment. Just thought that those of us on the forum would want to know.

Bruce Page
12-27-2007, 5:25 PM
Way too young. Thanks Fred

Glenn Clabo
12-27-2007, 5:32 PM
Sad for me...some people I watch on tv I connect with... Hard working...dedicated to a craft...loves the work...and wants people to understand what it takes... Joe was one of those people.

Ken Fitzgerald
12-27-2007, 5:39 PM
I don't watch a lot of tv.....TOH....NYW.....Discovery Channel....TLC...

He's one of the "regulars" I enjoyed learning from....

Jim Becker
12-27-2007, 5:51 PM
I saw that yesterday when I was reading the latest issue in the library...very sad. Joe was a wonderful craftsman in his field and many projects over the years were greatly enhanced by his art. We all would be very lucky to have anyone even close to his skill working in our homes!

Jim O'Dell
12-27-2007, 8:11 PM
Such sad news! It seems like it was a family affair, working with the tile. Hopefully someone will keep the good name going. Jim.

Andy Hoyt
12-27-2007, 9:31 PM
I gave up on TOH (and all TV for that matter) about three nanoseconds after the antenna fell off the roof some four years ago. Too lazy to climb up there and fix it.

But Joe Ferrante (and I'm pretty sure the company was Ferrante Brothers, or some such) will still be sorely missed. Bob, and Steve, and the new guy would always be yakking it up in the foreground and there was Joe, in the back and on his knees, toiling and tiling away like mad; just like all the other "finish guys" who have to work at warp nine to meet the deadline that won't budge despite delays caused by earlier elements.

My hat is off and over my heart to his family and friends.

jeremy levine
12-28-2007, 9:17 AM
Way to young. My heart goes out to his family.

Gary Keedwell
12-28-2007, 9:41 AM
When you have shared part of your life, even via television, you feel a connection. Just like my cyber buddies here at the creek. I feel like I lost someone I know.:(
Gary