PDA

View Full Version : Gift Cards

Rob Bodenschatz
12-27-2007, 3:49 PM
Thankfully, there are still some good people left in this world.

See, I have this little "wallet" in which I keep gift cards that I've received. At some point yesterday, I lost it. No big deal right? Probably some $20 or $50 cards in there. They were gifts anyway so it isn't like I really "lost" anything. Wrong. When I returned a boatload of flooring to Lowes a few weeks ago, they gave me a merchandise credit of $565 on one of those cards. In addition, I had a $50 gift card to Barnes & Noble and a $25 Wawa gift card (Wawa's like 7-11 for those of you outside my area). In total, I ended up losing $640 when I dropped that little wallet. Ouch. Big time.

Well, my wife called Home Depot because she knew that I had gone there yesterday. Turns out they had my wallet and all the cards were in there. Went to pick it up and they were indeed all there. Now, I know the person who found it didn't realize there was THAT much in there since the amounts aren't printed on the cards. However, whoever found it could have easily just put them in his/her pocket and used them, since those things are just like cash.

Didn't really need to be losing that much money right now so I'm really thankful that a good samaritan did the right thing.

Lee Schierer
12-27-2007, 4:32 PM
Great news.

Since you don't know who helped you, just remember to pass it forward the next time you get the chance to help someone!

Peter Stahl
12-27-2007, 8:59 PM
Still a lot of good people in this world, just hetting harder to find them. Glad to see you found one.