PDA

View Full Version : I couldn't fight back the urge to buy the Domino. (W/Pics now)

Bill Wyko
12-27-2007, 3:36 PM
After getting the dust extractor The Domino was yelling in my ear. There was only one way to stop the voices inside my head. |Woodworkers even gave me the discounted price as if I purchased the DC and the Domino together. Actually the purchase was only a few days apart anyway.That's it for now. I have to resist for quite a while. All I have to do now is run the gauntlet from the driveway to my workshop. :D

Tony De Masi
12-27-2007, 3:42 PM
Bill, I would ordinarilly offer my congratulations but since you violated the Creed of the Creek I will hold off.

"NO PICTURES = DIDN'T HAPPEN":D:D:D:D

Tony

Wade Lippman
12-27-2007, 3:45 PM
Hard to say it is worth $1,000 (I just bought a Grizzly TS this morning for the same price...) but you will enjoy using it.

Don Bullock
12-27-2007, 3:51 PM
Congratulations Bill!!! Both are future purchases for me, but I'll have to wait until I recover some from all the other tools I bought this year including a new Festool Rotex (glaot coming after it's delivered).:D

Gary Keedwell
12-27-2007, 3:58 PM
After getting the dust extractor The Domino was yelling in my ear. There was only one way to stop the voices inside my head. |Woodworkers even gave me the discounted price as if I purchased the DC and the Domino together. Actually the purchase was only a few days apart anyway.That's it for now. I have to resist for quite a while. All I have to do now is run the gauntlet from the driveway to my workshop. Pics to come soon.:D
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v196/evsac/Video/Birthday%20Smiley/congrats.gif

Hope ya have some money left-over for a little wood.;):)

Gary

David Duke
12-27-2007, 3:59 PM
Good for you Bill...........thats on my wish list. I should of circled that when the LOML asked me what I wanted for Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

terry hansen
12-27-2007, 4:02 PM
I rationalized buying one earlier in November by convincing my wife I needed it for a conference room table I was building for her office. I have to admit it's a lot of fun to use especially if I don't think about how much it cost. You'll soon be finding all sorts of projects "requiring" loose tenons even if the plans don't call for them.
Enjoy.

Bill Wyko
12-27-2007, 4:03 PM
If LOML knew what I spend on tools I'd be willing to bet she'd figure out how to dig a grave with the Domino.:eek: At least it would have tight joints though.:D

Gary Keedwell
12-27-2007, 4:07 PM
If LOML knew what I spend on tools I'd be willing to bet she'd figure out how to dig a grave with the Domino.:eek: At least it would have tight joints though.:D
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v196/evsac/Video/Laie_67.gifShe can make a nice tight casket.

Gary

Bob Genovesi
12-27-2007, 4:33 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v196/evsac/Video/Laie_67.gifShe can make a nice tight casket.

Gary

She could but she'll probably use it to open up an "existing" hole or two, very near and dear to you!! http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d186/LuvlyLass/Smileys/36_2_39.gif

Joe Mioux
12-27-2007, 5:54 PM
I have been dickering with that little voice in my head all day today!

Hopefully, tomorrow, that little voice says "Buy the Darn thing and get it over"! lol

congrats on the Domino

joe

Bill Wyko
12-27-2007, 6:02 PM
HAHAHAHA That's my voices twin brother:DHe said exactly the same thing to me.:eek: My dad always said "money is a tool". He just didn't say a Festool. Are there any tricks I should know about? BTW the reason I'm laughing my arse off is because I litterally got into the left turn lane and was going to turn around and go back to the shop. Then that voice said HEY! JUST DO IT YOU CHICKEN!!! So I said NO BODY calls ME chicken.:mad::DI showed THAT voice who's boss.

Eric Gustafson
12-27-2007, 7:59 PM
Then that voice said HEY! JUST DO IT YOU CHICKEN!!! So I said NO BODY calls ME chicken.:mad::DI showed THAT voice who's boss.

Some people think talking to yourself is a bad thing. :eek: I used to say that it is not bad as long as you are not arguing. :p Now I say it is ok to argue as long as you do not lose! ;) Glad to see you won the argument

Bill Wyko
12-28-2007, 12:25 PM
Eric, you know I always win my arguement with myself when it comes to tools. If I can't win, I'll call you for back up.:D After all your right up the street.:)

Rich Torino
12-28-2007, 12:40 PM
Congrats Bill,
I saw a demo on the tool at he Woodworking Expo in Orlando Florida earlier this month and I've been foaming at the mouth ever since...
On the wish list...

Brett Baldwin
12-28-2007, 12:58 PM
Whether you win the arguement or not isn't the time to worry, its when you forget which side you were on that you need to be scared of.

Congrats on your new toyl Bill.

Bob Stegemann
12-28-2007, 6:33 PM
I have been dickering with that little voice in my head all day today!

Hopefully, tomorrow, that little voice says "Buy the Darn thing and get it over"! lol

congrats on the Domino

joe

That's the voice of Bob Marino saying that you should do it now! He got me too.:)

Bill Wyko
12-28-2007, 7:17 PM
Congradulations. I think we've made a good investment. I don't even have a use for mine yet.:confused:

Jim Becker
12-28-2007, 7:42 PM
Congrats, Bill. Very nice tool acquisition!

Bill Wyko
12-29-2007, 12:51 AM
Thanks Jim. I took it for a test drive tonight. I'll let it dry overnight and see how strong it is in the morning. I used the smallest Domino to glue up a "T" joint. Now I have an excuse to build the cabinets in the Bathroom I've been meaning to do for about 10 years.:D