Anyone have this logo in a vector format, otherwise off to the Vector
Doctor to see what he can do with it.

Thanks
Mike

http://www.precngraving.com/diplomaticsecurityserice.bmp

George M. Perzel
12-27-2007, 8:37 AM
Hi Mike;
Here ya go- done on the Vector magic site. Can be better if you have a better res input image.
Best regards;
George
LaserArts

mike klein
12-27-2007, 9:08 AM
Thanks George

That's the image the customer emailed over to me this morning, and yes it
needs to be a lot better quality as I emaild them back and told them. I am
doing some searches on the net and gov. sites to see if I can find a larger
bitmap and then it would convert over much better.

This is a graphic for nameplates at a military base and I would think they would
have access to the original artwork, maybe not though.

Thanks
Mike

Ed Newbold
12-27-2007, 10:40 AM
That's the image the customer emailed over to me this morning, and yes it needs to be a lot better quality as I emaild them back and told them. I am doing some searches on the net and gov. sites to see if I can find a larger bitmap and then it would convert over much better.
Hi Mike,

I'm working on it, but don't have my USA logo here at the office. I'll add it to the center of this work later this evening and re-upload it.

Cheers,

Gregg Vaughn
12-27-2007, 11:48 AM
Here is a vector State Department seal for the center.

Question for Ed ....

Did you hand draw the badge in Corel Draw or do you have a program that does the "wire frame" outline?

Gregg Vaughn
12-27-2007, 12:21 PM
Sorry, the file was too big to send ...

Gregg Vaughn
12-27-2007, 12:33 PM
Here it is zipped ....

Ed Newbold
12-27-2007, 12:55 PM
Question for Ed ....

Did you hand draw the badge in Corel Draw or do you have a program that does the "wire frame" outline?
I've tried a whole slew of programs that purport to do a good job at tracing, but I've found that I get the best and fastest results simplying by using my bezier tool and tracing things over the original photo. That way I get to control how much detail and how many nodes get thrown together. The "Vector magic" site is nice, but I find that I have to spend as much time cleaning up the vectors it produces as I would have just tracing out my own images.

I have the USA stuff already in vector that I'll use to fill in the middle later tonight.

Here's a copy of a similar badge I did for the Columbus, OH, police department. (Next message)

Talk to you later,

Ed Newbold
12-27-2007, 1:00 PM
The file I forgot to attach in last message.

Ed Newbold
12-27-2007, 1:06 PM
Here it is zipped ....

77986The .wmf file in this zip has way too many lines to be useful (at least, to me) for engraving purposes. See wireframe closeup below. I'll attach a better one for use tonight when I finish your design.

Cheers,

Larry Bratton
12-27-2007, 6:54 PM
Anyone have this logo in a vector format, otherwise off to the Vector
Doctor to see what he can do with it.

Thanks
Mike

http://www.precngraving.com/diplomaticsecurityserice.bmp
Mike:
Are you rastering or vectoring this file? The center part of it is the real problem. It's hardly legible. If your rastering I might be able to run it through Photograv for you if you don't have it.

mike klein
12-28-2007, 1:47 AM
Larry...

Thanks for the offer on Photograv, but I do have the latest version. You are correct on the center part, I been looking this over and I will probably vector a lot of the center part as there is a lot of small detail that will not raster very well. This will be engraved onto some Romark plastic for 2"x6" name plates for military personel.

Ed...

That one looks perfect, you did a great job.

Thanks
Mike

Larry Bratton
12-28-2007, 10:59 AM
Larry...

Thanks for the offer on Photograv, but I do have the latest version. You are correct on the center part, I been looking this over and I will probably vector a lot of the center part as there is a lot of small detail that will not raster very well. This will be engraved onto some Romark plastic for 2"x6" name plates for military personel.

Ed...

That one looks perfect, you did a great job.

Thanks
Mike
I'm confused Mike, I didn't do anything. I did, however, while sitting around last night, I came up with a pretty good file on this. I tried a couple of things. If you decide you need it, let me know. It processes via Photograv very well, but I didn't know what kind of material to use, so I tested it as if it was wood. The file that's displayed in my last post is just your file where I included the post in the reply.

mike klein
12-28-2007, 6:41 PM
I'm confused Mike, I didn't do anything. I did, however, while sitting around last night, I came up with a pretty good file on this. I tried a couple of things. If you decide you need it, let me know. It processes via Photograv very well, but I didn't know what kind of material to use, so I tested it as if it was wood. The file that's displayed in my last post is just your file where I included the post in the reply.

Larry,

What I meant was the link posted by Ed, and I do appreciate your offer
using Photograv. I'm going to toy around with the image Ed posted and see
what I can come up with, and like I mentioned earlier, I believe most of the
interior will have to be vectored instead of rastering as there is to much
small detail that will be lost.

I'm also anxious to see how it turns out using the color laser transfer
process.

Thanks all,
Mike

Frank Corker
12-28-2007, 7:55 PM
Ed, I had a look at that vectorising that you did, nice deft touch in Corel draw, hat's off to you.

Larry Bratton
12-28-2007, 9:08 PM
Mike:
Take a look at this one. This is not a vector file, as I reworked it in Photoshop. You should be able to resample it or maybe engrave as is. I have it as a 300dpi greyscale file in tif format also. Let me know.