PDA

View Full Version : Tina Turner with her 80's hair...

Joe Unni
12-26-2007, 11:23 PM
...is what my 4 year olds hair looks like most every morning :eek:

As she has poker straight hair and that she rolls her head from side to side on her pillow, she wakes up with the worst knots and tangles. And yup, Daddy is tasked with brushing them out (SWMBO doesn't seem to have the patience). It takes about 20 minutes of my morning and many sprays from the no tangle kids spray. To boot, it seems to be getting worse as her hair gets longer. Most of the time she tolerates the torture as long as she has a little toy to play with, but every once in a while I catch a knot and it sends her through the roof.

FYI - the hair get brushed out well after her shower and most often she doesn't go to bed with it wet, though the bed head occurs either way.

Any ideas? She's not real keen on pony tails and I actually think they might be uncomfortable - ladies please chime in here. I'm thinking about a tight fitting hat or some type of "do rag".

I just don't know what to do any more save for a haircut like mine - I shave my head ;).

Any help is most appreciated.

Thanks,
-joe

Jackie Outten
12-27-2007, 9:09 AM
Joe,

I'm not sure if this will work or not but how about putting her hair in a loose braid. That way the elastic band would be at the bottom of her hair instead of near her scalp with the pony tail. My daughters always loved the way their hair looked when you took the braids out--kind of crinkly.

Jackie

Jim Becker
12-27-2007, 9:23 AM
Our younger has a similar issue with the back of her hair in the morning (and at many other times)...turns out that the hair closer to her neck is actually somewhat curly, resulting in a lot of the first thing in the morning tangles. When my hair was long...prior to earlier this year and for nearly 20 years...I could not sleep with it unless it was in a loose pony tail as it was very much like your daughter's in the morning.

I think that Jackie's advise is sound...a loose braid or pony tail to keep things from getting tangled while sleeping might be a good solution. And as she says, if it's a little damp when it goes into the braid, it will have some wonderful kinky styling when it comes out the next morning.

Joe Unni
12-28-2007, 5:07 PM
We did the pony thing last night and this mornings hair time was down to around 5 minutes.

Thanks very much!

-joe

David G Baker
12-28-2007, 5:33 PM
A grand daughter has some serious morning and after shampoo hair issues that were solved by a comb that is sold by Avon. It is called a detangling comb and costs less than $5.00.

Dale Johnson
12-28-2007, 5:47 PM
i usually sleep with a pony tail tied at the top and bottom. got rid of most of the tangles. the hair is almost waist length, the beard only makes it as far as the edge of my welding helmet. our youngest son and me on the nimitz coming back from hawaii.

Bubba Davis
12-29-2007, 1:43 PM
Wife uses a silk pillowcase Says it works wonders. I like the look in the morning too.