PDA

View Full Version : Spray gun for paint and laquer.

Bob DiGiacomo
12-26-2007, 7:43 PM
I am interested in getting a spray gun for painting small projects. The type of things that you would just hit once or twice with a spray paint can. I am looking to paint moldings / trim and even, for repainting kitchen cabinets. I have a small porter cable compressor, what type of paint spray gun could I use with my compressor, and do they sell laquer in colors like white and black? Thanks Bob

James Jaragosky
12-26-2007, 10:24 PM
It was listed for auto painting and I got it at from harbor freight, and it works fine for me. I ran stain through it to refinish my hot tub this summer. And I do auto parts with both lacer and enamel paints.Also I made a small paint booth out of a discarded fiberglass tub shower combo, and that works fine as well.

Larry Fox
12-26-2007, 10:51 PM
http://www.homesteadfinishing.com/htdocs/qualspray.htm#guns

QS08

I have never used one but Jeff recommends it and I am going to pick one up with y next order. Can't beat the price for those small jobs.

chris yount
12-28-2007, 12:41 AM
If your going to use latex be paint be sure to get a large needle 1.7-2 mm.I have had good luck with Behr enamel from hd mixed equal parts with Minwax polycrylic with a little floetrol to help with orange peal.I use Harbor Freight's model 47016 . It has given excellent results.I have not tried clear finishes or oil based paint yet.

Curt Harms
12-28-2007, 4:54 AM
I am interested in getting a spray gun for painting small projects. The type of things that you would just hit once or twice with a spray paint can. I am looking to paint moldings / trim and even, for repainting kitchen cabinets. I have a small porter cable compressor, what type of paint spray gun could I use with my compressor, and do they sell laquer in colors like white and black? Thanks Bob

Here's a little gun I use for small items:http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=2&p=20048&cat=1,190,43034&ap=1
It's certainly no Binks or SATA HVLP gun but for small jobs e.g. craft-type stuff and small repairs it works fine and will run with nearly any compressor. Cleans up a literally a minute--unscrew the jar, unscrew the liquid tip, run some solvent thru the tip and tube, wipe down the rest of the gun, done. I wouldn't use this gun for kitchen cabinets, too small, not as much control over air and liquid as HVLP guns and too much overspray. I did spray a storm door with mine and it worked but a real HVLP gun would do a better job.

HTH

Curt