PDA

View Full Version : Taught him everything he knows...

Raymond Overman
12-26-2007, 5:38 PM
You know the old saying, like son, like father. I helped my Papa place an order for the 2HP Jet 1642 EVS from Rockler today. Hopefully it will come before his birthday at the end of January. There was some question about the dreaded backorder but the girl I spoke with this afternoon said her "system" didn't indicate any issues.

His wife, Susan, did have something to do with it since she gave it to him for Christmas.

As a side note: Susan did like her Christmas turning a lot.

Rick Gifford
12-26-2007, 6:43 PM
Since you helped order it, seems only fair he lets you play on it! :D

You might need to keep it at your house until your sure its working like it should. Shouldn't take more than a few years "troubleshooting" ;)

Congrats to your paps on the new lathe!

Pete Jordan
12-26-2007, 7:18 PM
Congrats Ray to you and your father!

It's nice to see family friendships that continue to grow! I have my older brother coming tomorrow and hope to hook him.

Raymond Overman
12-26-2007, 7:32 PM
Since you helped order it, seems only fair he lets you play on it! :D

You might need to keep it at your house until your sure its working like it should. Shouldn't take more than a few years "troubleshooting" ;)

Congrats to your paps on the new lathe!

Yeah Rick, I ordered and received mine a couple of weeks ago. He's just following in my footsteps now. I'm so proud of him.:eek:

Steve Schlumpf
12-26-2007, 7:56 PM
Sounds great Raymond! Your Dad is going to love it! Hope you will be there to assist in the assembly. Have fun with it!

Bernie Weishapl
12-26-2007, 11:15 PM
Raymond that is cool. What a way to spend time with dad.

Bill Wyko
12-27-2007, 12:04 AM
Good going Raymond. Suck your own dad right into the vortex:D My B-Day is at the end of January too. I'm gettin myself a Domino.:D

Raymond Overman
12-27-2007, 7:52 AM
We've both been turning on old Deltas for the past six years so I guess it's time for a little upgrade. I know how much I've enjoyed my new lathe so far. I can't wait until he gets his.

Ben Gastfriend
12-27-2007, 8:38 AM
Better get your dad to join SMC, so we can, you know, see his work and compare it to yours...

Anyway, congrats to you and your dad!

Allen Neighbors
12-27-2007, 10:39 AM
Yeah! All the above! Good going, spending time with your Pop! Wish my Sons would get interested in turning....