PDA

View Full Version : Sketchup on sale thru Monday (2004 Thread)

Todd Burch
02-23-2004, 5:50 PM
edit: Oops - I mean through Friday!!

Sketchup, my best "power tool" for creating objects in virtual space, is on sale through the 27th. I cut this from their email newsletter:

----------------------------------------------------------
Special Offer: Take the Leap with SketchUp!

In celebration of leap year and leap day, @Last invites you to take the Leap with SketchUp!

The greater your Leap - the greater your savings!!

1 - Purchase one seat of SketchUp - we'll take $ 50 off!
2 - Purchase 3 seats (network or single user) and we'll take $249 off!
3 - Purchase 5 seats (network or single user) and save $500!

To take the leap or for more information visit: www.sketchup.com/leap
----------------------------------------------------------

That takes the download copy from $475 to $425. I paid $475 and it is worth every penny.

Not affiliated, just a happy customer. If any of you are evaluating a copy of it, now might be the time to make the plunge. If you've thought about evaluating it, you still have all week!

Todd

Craig Honeysett
02-23-2004, 6:19 PM
That's one program that is awfully tempting. Having just purchased an upgrade to Photoshop CS and a wide carraige photo printer (that LOML hasn't seen yet) I think I may have to pass! I looked at it before and their videos make it very tempting, glad to know that it lives up to their advertising.

Steve Roxberg
02-23-2004, 10:04 PM
If you have a son or daughter have them take a drafting class and you can get a one year license for $99 dollars. The $99 even applies to the full purchase price if at the end of the year you decide to buy it.

Seemed like a good deal to me.

I can relate to the Photoshop. I just bought the Video Collection from Adobe and that set me back a penny.

They also have a free 8 hour trial, and some great online training guides.

Robert Ducharme
03-12-2004, 3:35 PM
Todd,

Are you or others creating a "library" of components that can be used to do cabinets, etc? I finally broke down and ordered me a copy. Now I am going to have to learn something else (yet another delay) :(

Todd Burch
03-12-2004, 9:09 PM
Robert, I've created a few components. And Keith Starosta is also creating some. Components in Sketchup are good for repeat work, and most of mine is not repeat. I would like, however, to have a macro language or script available for it, so that I could enter my parms for, let say a door, and have it created. That would REALLY speed things up. But, I don't think it has that capability.

The Sketchup forums are great. The Materials forum is chock full of work that other people have donated and is available. If you don't see it there, just ask, and someone has probably done it.

Now that you too have Sketchup, I'll be looking for those "visual" posts!

Frank Mussenden
01-15-2009, 7:55 PM
I had a very hard time slicing objects like the arrayed pickets on the sunburst. AutoCad 2006 is much easyer
for me but any help would be appreciated. Arbor posted
on SketchUP 3D Warehouse as Arbor, Sunburst Gardan Arbor

Myk Rian
01-15-2009, 9:00 PM
All kinds of premade models at the Sketchup warehouse.
http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/
Bandsaw anybody?
http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/download?mid=1bce2f4b1d7c33bf18edb0472a0d1f8f&rtyp=st&ctyp=other&ts=1202485472000

Brian Effinger
01-15-2009, 9:33 PM
Frank, this is a pretty old thread. If you have questions about Sketchup, you should post them over in the Design forum. Or check out the SketchUcation forums. They are just for Sketchup.

And Myk. Thats a great link. I'm just learning to use this and this will come in handy. It's a little difficult after using AutoCAD for so many years.