PDA

View Full Version : LEDs

Joe Pelonio
12-26-2007, 2:32 PM
I just got these from Birddogdistributing.com.

Made in China, I notice, but they look like the perfect size for edge lighting projects. Takes 3 AAA batteries, has on-off switch, 10 lights for $7.99. Hopefully I'll get something made up to test them in the next few days.

James Jaragosky
12-26-2007, 2:59 PM
I just got these from Birddogdistributing.com.

Made in China, I notice, but they look like the perfect size for edge lighting projects. Takes 3 AAA batteries, has on-off switch, 10 lights for $7.99. Hopefully I'll get something made up to test them in the next few days.

Joe that looks exactly like the sets I am getting at wally-world for 3.98:eek:

Joe Pelonio
12-26-2007, 3:36 PM
I thought it might be, but we don't have one around here. The nearest is about 40 miles away and it's a seasonal item, right? If these work out I will see about getting a better deal for quantities or perhaps tracking down another source for them.

James Jaragosky
12-26-2007, 4:02 PM
I thought it might be, but we don't have one around here. The nearest is about 40 miles away and it's a seasonal item, right? If these work out I will see about getting a better deal for quantities or perhaps tracking down another source for them.
and i just dug up the recite they are onlu 2.93 each sorry.
and any and all sources are good. heck even 8 bucks is cheap enough.
let me know how they work out. Jim J.

Skip Weiser
12-26-2007, 4:58 PM
Hope you guys have better luck with these than I did. We bought a string of these at WW for a small Christmas tree that we let our young granddaughter help decorate. They worked for about a week, a couple of hours a day, and then quit working. Thought it might be the batteries but new ones didn't help.

Maybe it's the switch though. I haven't checked that yet.

Skip

Joe Pelonio
12-31-2007, 5:36 PM
I found a wholesaler, if you register and have a tax ID you can buy them wholesale, minimum appears to be only 6 units but the minimum first order is $250! I suppose that maybe we could order in quantity at a lower price from some of the fabric or craft stores that sell their products.

http://www.darice.com/ecom/ProductDetails.aspx?it=1100-68&oid=29508

Ricky Gore
01-01-2008, 10:49 AM
I just bought the last 6 sets at WallyWorld for $2.15 each.

Now I'm waiting for Photograv to come in before I start playing with them.