PDA

View Full Version : Corel X3 question

Tom Bull
12-26-2007, 10:47 AM
I have been using Corel 9 on Windows XP and a test version of X3 on a Vista machine. I really like X3 and I really don't like Vista. I have bought X3 and need to install it. Will there be any issues with adding it to the Windows XP machine, or should I uninstall Corel 9 before installing it? It seems I read in a thread that old versions of Corel sometimes have features that new versions don't have, so I would like to have both available if possible.

Scott Shepherd
12-26-2007, 10:55 AM
Hi Tom, no problems installing on XP and you can leave the old version there and access it any time. I have V12 and X3 running on XP and, as you mentioned, issues come up with errors on X3, you can always go back and open the older version.

Nancy Laird
12-26-2007, 10:57 AM
Tom, we also have 12 and X3 running on XP, and they both run fine. Few errors popping up on XP with X3.

Nancy

Tom Bull
12-26-2007, 11:02 AM
Thanks for the info. Anything to do with software conflicts is daunting to me, so this is just the reassurance I need to get this going. Best wishes for a happy and prosperous new year!

Scott Shepherd
12-26-2007, 11:04 AM
It doesn't install over it, but goes in just like another piece of software. If there are conflicts I haven't seen any posts about it, but they doesn't mean it's not possible. You should be okay.

Kenneth Hertzog
12-26-2007, 11:04 AM
Tom
I have Corel 8 and X3 on the same machine with no issue.
using windows XP with sp2

Nancy
I see the countdown is over. Now to work full time at what use to be the second job.:D
hope you enjoy it

ken