PDA

View Full Version : Screwdrivers; Anyone make their own?

Nick Clayton
12-26-2007, 9:52 AM
Over the holiday my father complained that his grip isn't as strong as it used to be thanks to arthritis. I figured I would turn some larger handles and make a set of screwdrivers for him. Does anyone know of a vendor that sells nice screwdriver shafts that are hardened with magnetized tips? Thanks for the help.

Steve Hanson
12-26-2007, 10:40 AM
I have purchased them from Rocker.com and have been very satisfied with the quality. You can alson get on WOOD magazines website and look in the video section for a tutorial. I'm a beginning turner so this was a really fun project, and useful too.

Good luck,
Steve

Nick Clayton
12-26-2007, 12:21 PM
Steve, thanks for the reference. Are you referring to the 4-in-1? I was hoping to find some individual shafts. I know some use 6" drill bits but I have not found any that are magnetized.

Steve Hanson
12-26-2007, 4:51 PM
Nick,

I used the 4 in1. I have given a couple as gifts and the multifunction aspect seemed to be a hit.

harry strasil
12-26-2007, 6:03 PM
I acquired the top one here, http://home-and-garden.become.com/shop?refdisa=ytf&q=screwdriver+magnetizer&utm_campaign=become&utm_source=yahoo&utm_medium=ssp&utm_term=screwdriver+magnetizer&qet, from my father in laws odds and ends when he passed, I use it to magnetize my yankee screwdriver bits.

Its simple and cheap and works well.