PDA

View Full Version : Equal time... Whatcha GIVE???

Mitchell Andrus
12-25-2007, 11:00 PM
My eldest son in his 1st apt., lots of stuff for his kitchen.

My youngest son, a new cell phone, clothes, Hagstrom maps for his car, updated aircharts (he's the pilot in the family).

My wife, 10 horseback riding lessons.

Mom, her favorite and very hard to find ginger cookies, clothes.

Jude Kingery
12-25-2007, 11:30 PM
Mitchell, good question for equal time, a charitable contribution, then a very decent wheel hitch mount for my husband's boat trailer, so he doesn't have to hand it around anymore, but can roll it easily. Oh and a few other things to folks, books, stuff like that. I had planned on some turnings, but that sorta didn't work out. They might get New Years' presents at this rate! Take care, Jude

Randal Stevenson
12-26-2007, 1:54 AM
The nieces and nephews all got cash. One siblings kids, has a LARGE family and that covers everything, the other siblings family has NO sense and spends so much money on the kids that I see spit takes when the amount gets mentioned.
Cash, while not big at Christmas, tends to be bigger later on, in the summer when they can do things.
Mom was a pain. I finally got her a gift card to Bed Bath and Beyond (one of her favorite stores), because if you get her something, she already has it, or it is the wrong thing, etc......
Dad got the Leather Apron that CW McClellan made, and he was correct. I had to harass dad, to get him to remove it at the dinner table.

Jim Becker
12-26-2007, 10:04 AM
Jewelry to Professor Dr SWMBO as well as a picture of the nightstands I'll be building for the new master bedroom. The girls got a lot of stuff; new MP3 players, some more Indian clothing (from India, not native American), horses for their American Girl Dolls, 3 days of horse camp this week, their ears pierced and way too much candy in their stockings...

Oh, I got the 'rents an electronic picture frame with a whole bunch of girlie-girl pictures in it...grand kids on parade!

Matt Meiser
12-26-2007, 10:34 AM
LOML: Concert tickets to Trace Adkins next month, spa gift certificate, a couple CD's, case for her iPod
LOMLjr: Easel (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=71056&highlight=easel), clothes, play Vet kit (poor dog) since she says she want to be a "doggie doctor" when she grows up--and we'll do anything to encourage that line of thought.
Dad: brothers and I went in on a gift certificate to Lobels of New York (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=71056&highlight=easel) for him to buy some ultra-premium meat for a meal or two.
Mom: brothers, dad, and I went in on a new Kitchen Aid Professional mixer. Dad paid the most since my mom made up her mind she was buying one this year and he wouldn't let her since we ordered it back around Thanskgiving. :eek:
Brother: Foam sleeping mat for camping so he can do some winter camping. In Minnesota. I think he's lost it, but that's what he wanted. He says it will help insulate better.

Mitchell Andrus
12-26-2007, 6:35 PM
"winter camping. In Minnesota. I think he's lost it, but that's what he wanted. He says it will help insulate better."

Insulate better... I'd have to insulate like an electric blaket on a warm day at the beach to get me to camp out in Minnesota in the SUMMER, let alone the winter.

Phyllis Meyer
12-28-2007, 9:57 AM
I gave my husband the usual stuff (socks, shirts, slippers, gift card to his favorite store: Fleet Farm) The girls ages 22 and 19 got two very special gifts: One got a ring made up of the diamonds from both Grandma's (that are both gone) rings, and the other a pendant with the same. Very sentimental, and we were all crying. We also got them all the usual stuff (slippers, robe, socks, bath and body...and other girlie stuff). We will be having my side of the family with lots of neices and nephews over tomorrow. We have an Italian Feast and we give them small gift cards to the local stores.

We adopt a few families that we know need help, and we gift them with food, and gas and electric gift certificates!

Phyllis:)