PDA

View Full Version : New Triton Router to New Bosch Table???

Gary Warren
12-25-2007, 10:37 PM
I just received both the Triton 2 1/4 HP router and the Bosch RA 1171 Router table for Christmas and now am faced with how to mount the router into the aluminum plate included with the Table. I like the plate in that it is heavy aluminum but does not have hole patterns to mate with my Triton. The manual on the Bosch says something about ordering their Plate Adapter if one of the standard routers listed is not shown in the manual. Does anyone know if this will solve my problem? Or should I make a new sub-base for the Triton and cross over to the Bosch plate? I hope someone out there has married this combination together before. Thanks in advance for your help!

Robert S Armstrong
12-26-2007, 1:18 PM
I too have the Triton and spent many frustrating hours trying to buy a plate to fit it. I checked all the usual suspects and have never found a match. Finally bought a cheaper aluminum plate from Sonoma and drilled my own.

While at the Hamilton wood show I spied a Triton mounted in a Bench Dog router table - so I did what every Triton owner does.... I asked how the hell did you mount it?

The answer is they have a plate that takes the Triton without drilling ... http://www.benchdog.com/proplate.htm
By the way, our Triton is a Group One pattern.

New plate in the Bosch top or drill your own seems to be the only options that I have found.