PDA

View Full Version : Santa wants me to turn....PIC..it really happened

Gary Kvasnicka
12-25-2007, 6:49 PM
She brought me a Rikon mini lathe, my brother-in law added chisels from PSI. Last month she treated me to a beginners class at the local Woodcraft. I feel like I have been "pushed" :rolleyes: into the vortex. I admit that it didn't take much of a shove. I must have been a very good boy this year, or just lucky I married the right girl.
Hopefully I will have some acceptable output to display here before next Christmas. I have been lurking & learning here for awhile, Thanks and Merry Christmas to all

Rick Gifford
12-25-2007, 7:25 PM
I'd say! Lathe, tools and also a class!

You are now in debt to provide some wood turnings!

Fun aint it?

Look forward to seeing your first project. Good luck and Merry Christmas!

Jim Underwood
12-25-2007, 8:46 PM
Don't matter if you were pushed or sucked into the Vortex, we'll take it.:p

Merry Christmas, and start making some shavings!:)

Bernie Weishapl
12-25-2007, 9:02 PM
Congrats on the lathe, tools and class. Sounds to me like you better hang onto that girl. :p

Jon Lanier
12-26-2007, 12:54 AM
She brought me a Rikon mini lathe, my brother-in law added chisels from PSI. Last month she treated me to a beginners class at the local Woodcraft. I feel like I have been "pushed" :rolleyes: into the vortex. I admit that it didn't take much of a shove. I must have been a very good boy this year, or just lucky I married the right girl.
Hopefully I will have some acceptable output to display here before next Christmas. I have been lurking & learning here for awhile, Thanks and Merry Christmas to all

You know the rule. No pictures, it didn't happen. We want pictures.:)

Tom Sherman
12-26-2007, 9:55 AM
Congratulations, great gloat both one the lathe and the LOYL.

TYLER WOOD
12-26-2007, 9:58 AM
Does she have a sister, oh wait never mind I've already got one. Hmmm now to have yours teach mine. How bout lunch for the two!!! Great gloat but hollow seeing there is no proof it actually happened. Nice try though, and welcome to the vortex, if in fact you are actually in it.:D

Nick Clayton
12-26-2007, 10:00 AM
Congratulations on the new toys (um I mean tools). Watch out though, my wife did the same thing to me last Easter and has a been pushy about getting bowls for friends and family:p

Ken Fitzgerald
12-26-2007, 10:14 AM
Gary.........Congrats! Like you, I was pushed into the Vortex! It's a kick....the closest thing to instant gratification I've found yet! And don't worry.....it's only money!:D

robert hainstock
12-26-2007, 11:51 AM
You Too have had a very good year. :D
Bob