PDA

View Full Version : Remember the bridge project??

Fred Voorhees
12-25-2007, 1:33 PM
You guys may remember that I was thinking of getting in on a project that would have entailed building a small bridge over a pond to get to a small island in the middle. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=64545

I begged off of the project since it may have gotten into some sticky situations with the politicos over wetland type stuff. Well, my friends went ahead with the project and I just today got a glimpse of the finished bridge. Well, as finished as they are going to try to get with it until next spring when it will be completed. The bridge crosses over to "Elvis Island" and don't ask why the name....I am not sure. Anyway, this is where I spend some time bass fishing in both the summer and in the Winter (ice fishing) and......drinking some beer along the way.:)

Jim Becker
12-25-2007, 1:43 PM
They did a pretty nice job on that, Fred...

Gary Keedwell
12-25-2007, 2:25 PM
You guys may remember that I was thinking of getting in on a project that would have entailed building a small bridge over a pond to get to a small island in the middle. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=64545

I begged off of the project since it may have gotten into some sticky situations with the politicos over wetland type stuff. Well, my friends went ahead with the project and I just today got a glimpse of the finished bridge. Well, as finished as they are going to try to get with it until next spring when it will be completed. The bridge crosses over to "Elvis Island" and don't ask why the name....I am not sure. Anyway, this is where I spend some time bass fishing in both the summer and in the Winter (ice fishing) and......drinking some beer along the way.:)
You guys can build a cabin and call it Graceland LOL

Gary

Glenn Clabo
12-25-2007, 5:41 PM
Fred,
Your buds done good. Now...so explain why this island is so good that it needs a bridge???? Is Elvis really on the island?

Rick Gifford
12-25-2007, 8:13 PM
Fred,
Now...so explain why this island is so good that it needs a bridge???? Is Elvis really on the island?

LOL. My guess is its like climbing the mountain... because its there! :D

Bridge is a good job Fred. Now you'll be able to easily get to the island, and even fish off the bridge. Don't know if the water is deep enough there for swimming, if it is maybe consider having an opening at the middle to jump off of and climb back up for a swim hole.

Fred Voorhees
12-25-2007, 9:27 PM
Fred,
Your buds done good. Now...so explain why this island is so good that it needs a bridge???? Is Elvis really on the island?

I think because as was said below your post.....it is there!

Seriously, the owner of the land (and the pond) is fairly well off from a lifelong business venture and he has been improving his lot for years now. He had the pond dredged a number of years ago due to a silt buildup and had the contractor who did the dredging to pile up the muck to make an island. I guess he just wanted an island. The plans are not completed yet. He is actually wanting to erect a lighthouse (non-functional) on the island and he says he has had a pump on hand for years that he wants to put in the pond that will shoot the water up around forty to fifty feet. He has also run wire for lights around the entire pond and if you look in the picture to the right, you can notice a waterfalls channel that has been built into the hillside and goes under a small bridge that is scheduled to get a pump to begin to operate that.

I was hoping to talk him into a gazebo out on the island. One that could be screened in the summer and then have plexiglass panels put in for the winter so that we could heat it in the cold weather while we were out there ice fishing. We may even bulkhead around the entire island to stave off possible erosion.