PDA

View Full Version : Home Depot ain't all bad....kinda

Al Willits
12-25-2007, 10:45 AM
Locally a gentleman who put up a fair amount of X-mas decorations outside was vandalized, he rebuilt/replaced much of it and one again the little darling vandalized his decorations, not sure of his age but he looked about retirement age and lived in a nice but not large house.

After the second time He mentioned how bad he felt and didn't think he could redo them again, Home Depot came in a replaced everything and then some.

So maybe the HD in your neighborhood sucks, but I have to give kudos to this one.
Whether they did it for publicity or not, it was a nice move.

Only wish I could have a word with the little ...er....darlings that did this....

Al

Greg Cuetara
12-25-2007, 10:55 AM
That's the best Christmas Present this Man could have hoped for.

Merry Christmas!

Gary Keedwell
12-25-2007, 11:01 AM
Locally a gentleman who put up a fair amount of X-mas decorations outside was vandalized, he rebuilt/replaced much of it and one again the little darling vandalized his decorations, not sure of his age but he looked about retirement age and lived in a nice but not large house.

After the second time He mentioned how bad he felt and didn't think he could redo them again, Home Depot came in a replaced everything and then some.

So maybe the HD in your neighborhood sucks, but I have to give kudos to this one.
Whether they did it for publicity or not, it was a nice move.

Only wish I could have a word with the little ...er....darlings that did this....

Al
After you have a word with him, Al.....I would like the opportunity to ...er... give the little daring a few choice words, myself...;)

Al Willits
12-25-2007, 12:30 PM
""""""""
After you have a word with him, Al.....I would like the opportunity to ...er... give the little daring a few choice words, myself...;)
"""""""""""

I'll save a few pieces....:)

Al

Steve Campbell
12-25-2007, 7:20 PM
Al not only did they donate two truck loads of lawn ornaments. They stuck around most of the day to help install it. I'm not sure if it was for publicity or not but for once I don't care. We all have to believe once in a while. As for catching the little "darlings" I hope that you are not the one that catches them. I would hate to have to come to jail to see you.

Merry Christmas Steve

Rick Gifford
12-25-2007, 7:28 PM
Just goes to show it all about the people. Looks like you have a great group in your parts!

Congrats to HD for doing that. I suggest someone write a letter to the editor, and copy it to HD corporate and let them know how much that was thought of.

Good deeds deserve recognition.

Maybe those vandals will read about that and see what turds they were and how decent people behave!