PDA

View Full Version : G0623X 10" Sliding Tablesaw

FRITZ STOOP
12-24-2007, 3:40 PM
Does anybody out there actually have one of these? I am looking for a sliding table saw, but don't want to sell the farm to get one. From what I've seen the price is less than half the price of the Euro gang.
Be nice to hear for someone who is using one and how they feel it measures up?!?

keith ouellette
12-24-2007, 3:56 PM
I do not have one now (I never had that model) but I did have one on a euro made combo. It was supposed to be a good one but I wasn't impressed by it at all. That machine had many defects and I sent it back.
For most things you can get by very well with a good cross cut sled. Its really very close to the same thing.

Raymond McInnis
12-24-2007, 8:26 PM
i own a robland x31, a 5 unit combo that includes a sliding table mechanism. while it has its limits, i like it for certain things.

one of its limits is the distance of the sliding table from the rotating blade -- about 8" -- which becomes a problem sometimes.

the other limit are the tracks.

Rather than the set-up like the i think you're talking about -- the support lever that follows the sliding table on tracks-- my table slides on two rods -- each about 6' long.

the rods are adjustable, so that if want a about 4' in front of the blade on the infeed, you pull the rods forward, and so forth.

the latter indicates the limits -- this is not a panel saw, ie, allows cutting accurately along the length of an 8' plywood panel

cutting a 4' X 4' plywood sheet, though, is nice

i live about two miles from the grizzly hdq and have seen on the floor the saws that i think you're talking about. they look nice, but i haven't seen one in operation

Dave MacArthur
12-25-2007, 12:18 AM
Welcome, Ray! I see this is your first post--anyone who lives 2 miles from GrizHQ has a LOT of future posts in them! ;)

Cliff Rohrabacher
12-25-2007, 12:01 PM
I looked at the Gris slider last year while I was on my quest. I dismissed it as being larger than I wanted.

This one is smaller. It' is Taiwanese or Chinese isn't it. I know they are importing it - their site says so.

I haven't seen this saw in person let along l know any one whose run it but I can offer this rather scary thread from here on the creek:
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?referrerid=5960&t=31588

the guy found plastic trunnion parts in a very pricey saw.

Be careful and don't buy sight unseen.