PDA

View Full Version : Our 100th Freedom Pen

Dave Bonde
02-23-2004, 10:01 AM
I am happy to be able to post a picture of a special pen for us. This is our 100th Freedom Pen made at Riverbend Middle School. I hope that is the first of many 100th freedom pen pictures shown at Saw Mill Creek - especailly after the turn-a-thons and other schools and organizations get rolling. The students wanted it to be different that any of the other pens we made so I brought in a piece of cedar that my wifes grandfather hand cut from his farm about 80 years ago. After he died some of his prized wood was given to me. I thought the 100th Freedom Pen would be a great use of some of that wood. Dave

Jerry Stringer
02-23-2004, 10:34 AM
I am happy to be able to post a picture of a special pen for us. This is our 100th Freedom Pen made at Riverbend Middle School. I hope that is the first of many 100th freedom pen pictures shown at Saw Mill Creek - especailly after the turn-a-thons and other schools and organizations get rolling. The students wanted it to be different that any of the other pens we made so I brought in a piece of cedar that my wifes grandfather hand cut from his farm about 80 years ago. After he died some of his prized wood was given to me. I thought the 100th Freedom Pen would be a great use of some of that wood. Dave

A very fitting pen for the 100th! It looks great! You should get a photo of it with the kids and frame it up to put in the school.

Kudos to the kids! With kids like those, our future is secure!

Thanks!

Jerry

Sparky Paessler
02-23-2004, 11:31 AM

Great looking pen and a good use of that special wood. Did you make it or one of the students? Oh and congrads to them and you on making 100. (I'm only to 20).

Dave Bonde
02-23-2004, 3:01 PM
Thanks, nothing wrong with 20 pens that is great. EVERYONE wanted to make the 100th pen so I had as many students contribute in the process as I could so that they could all say they made it:) Dave

Ken Salisbury
02-23-2004, 5:58 PM
Very nice Dave. I would have that mounted in the school's trophy case where all can see the wonderful job done by your students.

Looks like you need more kits :D

How many do you want ?? I can get them off to ya right away since I have finally gotten caught up with all the requests.

Bill Chapman
02-23-2004, 8:30 PM
Dave Excellent!!!!!!!!! pen I love to see work of young adults. Plus the wood and its history even make's it even more special. Post more pictures