PDA

View Full Version : New laser. Corel X3 problem.

Trudy Jackson
12-24-2007, 12:28 PM
Hi everyone, I'm very grateful for all the information I've found on this forum. I recently purchased an Epilog Helix 45W. It arrived last week and I've been making ornaments out of 1/8" plywood. Great fun!

All was going well until my graphic disappeared from Corel X3 as well as a toolbar and than the pick tool turned black.:confused: Spent hours trying to figure out what happened. Finally recovered the toolbar but pick tool still black and other tools sometimes work and sometimes don't. I reinstalled the program and still same problems. This is the first time I've used corel. Did I do something wrong? Perhaps clicked on something I shouldn't have? I read through much of the help topics in corel but could not find any answers to my problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Aside from Corel Draw problems, I'm loving the laser!

Trudy

Bruce Volden
12-24-2007, 1:07 PM
Trudy

Try launching Corel and hold down th F8 key until it opens. I don't have X3 but in previous versions it loaded Corel back to factory defaults....you will have to set up the application like you want it to appear (page layout..... etc).

Bruce

James Stokes
12-24-2007, 1:10 PM
It sounds like you clicked on the layer button, Check to see if you accidentally got on a different layer

Trudy Jackson
12-24-2007, 2:27 PM
Bruce

Thank you. Pushing F8 worked. All functions restored!!

James

My images disappeared when I opened the tutorial window. Other times the graphic disappeared when opening the print window. Maybe resetting the program will fix problem.

Thanks for speedy reply.
Merry Christmas!!

Larry Bratton
12-24-2007, 2:52 PM
Bruce

Thank you. Pushing F8 worked. All functions restored!!

James

My images disappeared when I opened the tutorial window. Other times the graphic disappeared when opening the print window. Maybe resetting the program will fix problem.

Thanks for speedy reply.
Merry Christmas!!
Trudy:
If your having trouble with things "disappearing", be sure that your zoomed to 100%, To Page or To Fit. When I first started using Corel years ago, I would be working away on something, hit some sort of key wrong that zoomed me to where my work was not in my view. I would freak..but if you zoom to the page you'll find it. (unless you deleted it by accident). In that event hit Undo under Edit.

Trudy Jackson
12-24-2007, 3:39 PM
Larry

Thanks for the reply. I'll watch out for the zoom. Learning Corel is quite a challange.