PDA

View Full Version : Laser not firing on rotation attachment

John Fruen
12-24-2007, 6:07 AM
Hi and merry Christmas to you all
i have a versa VL300 everything working OK until yesterday when i set up the rotation attachment sent the image to the driver which appeared on the Versa screen and pressed start.
the carriage moved into position and went through the motions but no firing laser. (with lid up red beam is present)
reverted to flat bed and the laser fires again.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
John

Scott Shepherd
12-24-2007, 9:18 AM
Only issues I have had like this John, are where I had accidentally changed the raster/vector mode on that color. There's one other thing I did like that where it appeared the laser wasn't working, and once again, it was something I had set wrong. I'm not in front of my laser, so I can't open it up and look to jog my memory. When I get back at the office, I'll have a look and see if I can remember.

First guess is you have something set wrong in the colors. Can you engrave the same file flat? You mentioned the laser fires when the rotary isn't there. Can you confirm it's firing on the exact same file, or did you just try another file?

John Fruen
12-24-2007, 12:25 PM
Hi Scott Thanks for your reply, the thing that confusing me is that the image, three letters, is showing on the Versa display.
in the past if i have failed to 'check' the colour for engraving then it does'nt show on the display.
i'll play around with and see what i can do.
let me know if you think of anything else.
once again thanks, John