PDA

View Full Version : Look What Followed Us Home (Gloat)

Dick Parr
02-23-2004, 8:17 AM
I didn't do much in the shop this weekend.

The wife and I have been looking for something to do since I can't spend much time on my feet any more. My shop time is limited to only when I feel up to it. So instead of sitting around watching TV all day we thought we would rather spend our time sitting in a campground or state park. So after about 8 months of looking, look at what followed us home. :D It is sitting in front of my shop, the bulding on the left.

It is just the right size for the two of us to pack up and get away for a week or so. For a 1995 model it is in grate shape with only minor items to fix like light bulbs. The only problem with it is that it already has cabinets everywhere and so I can’t build any for it. :p

Thanks for looking

Ken Fitzgerald
02-23-2004, 9:36 AM
Dick, What's the length of you camper? My wife and I bought a 26' a number of years ago. We really enjoy ours! My wife's idea of "roughing it" is camping some place that doesn' have electrical hookups and she can't use the microwave. It's not quite like elk camp (wall tents, wood stoves, army cots and 3" foam pads) but SWMBO and I enjoy it! Sorry to hear about your limited shop time. I've got the opposite problem. I broke my back 3 years ago...I'm 8mm shorter than I used to be. Now I can work on my feet more comfortably than sitting down. Driving my 4X4 F-350 while pulling the camper tears my back up but I recover quickly. Enjoy your new toy!

Joe Tonich
02-23-2004, 9:58 AM
I didn't do much in the shop this weekend.

The wife and I have been looking for something to do since I can't spend much time on my feet any more. My shop time is limited to only when I feel up to it. So instead of sitting around watching TV all day we thought we would rather spend our time sitting in a campground or state park. So after about 8 months of looking, look at what followed us home. :D It is sitting in front of my shop, the bulding on the left.

It is just the right size for the two of us to pack up and get away for a week or so. For a 1995 model it is in grate shape with only minor items to fix like light bulbs. The only problem with it is that it already has cabinets everywhere and so I can’t build any for it. :p

Thanks for looking

Hey Dick,

Camping, now THATS the way to spend weekends! :D SWMBO & I bought a pop-up last spring and love it. Are there any good campgrounds around Knoxville? We're planning on coming down to those parts the second week in April. If you ever get out my way you might like to check out East Harbor State Park. We go there at least 3 times every summer. The boys love the beach! Take the ferry to Put-in Bay and rent a golf cart. Real peaceful. :) Enjoy that camper, lifes too short to waste on TV.

Joe

Dick Parr
02-23-2004, 2:59 PM
Ken,

I know what you mean about the back. :( That is one of the reasons for local camping only. It plays heck with my back when we go to visit the kids in Fairfax VA. There are a lot of stops to rest the back. The trailer is 17' long from spare tire to front of hitch. The box is about 14'10" on the inside.

Joe,

There are about 50 camp grounds, not counting the park camp sites in the Smokies within about a 35-50 miles radius of Knoxville. So we have a lot to pick from. The kids want us to come up to VA to a place that has no hookups some weekene. That's all the roughing I want to do. RV parks and camp grounds with full hookups are find with me. :D We are going to try to go a least once a month some place.

Dick