PDA

View Full Version : What are you building on Christmas Eve?

Rob Bodenschatz
12-23-2007, 1:50 PM
Maybe I should have said, "What are you ASSEMBLING on Christmas Eve". I'm not talking about fine woodworking here. I'm talking about those things that you'll be putting together after bedtime to make the little (and not so little) ones happy on Christmas morning.

I plan on being up past midnight putting together both a foosball table and an air hockey table for Jacob (6), Tommy (5) and Sam (1).

Hope all the parts are there. :o

Larry James
12-23-2007, 2:14 PM
Would grating potatoes and onions for family Christmas Eve tradition potato pancakes count? My wife will do the assembly.

Larry

Jack Hogoboom
12-23-2007, 2:14 PM
I am assembling financing.:eek: My kids (ages 14, 12, 12 and 10) are just about past the "some assembly required" stage. Now I just need to figure out how to pay for all the cell phones, iPods, laptops, etc.:rolleyes:

Jack

Phyllis Meyer
12-23-2007, 2:17 PM
Hi Rob,

My husband is creating some baseball bat holders for our girls' special bats that we engraved. We have been busy with customer orders, and we haven't had time for our own gifts. The girls are 22 & 19 so the days of Barbie Houses, and other goodies is past, but we still wrap all our gifts on Christmas Eve. Merry Christmas Everyone!

Phyllis & Family:)

Doug Shepard
12-23-2007, 2:17 PM
If I can get the rest of my Christmas shopping done today, I plan on doing the layout and drilling the holes for the LV twinscrew vise for my benchtop. Nuthin like waiting til the last minute to do your Christmas shopping. Fortunately everybody would just prefer gift cards this year.

Bruce Page
12-23-2007, 2:21 PM
"What are you building on Christmas Eve?"

I nice warm fire.

Jon Lanier
12-23-2007, 3:07 PM
I'm actually going to try turning a travel mug for a friend who happens to be a School Bus driver. I don't even know what wood I'm going to use. I may have to laminate a bunch of scraps together. Should be fun.

Sample Below;

http://www.woodcraft.com/images/family/web20158.jpg

Roy Hatch
12-23-2007, 3:58 PM
Two pumpkin pies.

Roy

Cliff Rohrabacher
12-23-2007, 4:24 PM
a fire. ........

Kevin French
12-23-2007, 4:30 PM
We had Xmas on Sat., so I'm done. I'm working on my lastest find from the dump. I found another wooden cabinet that I'm making a Camping Stove Till. I have a moderate collection of stoves that need a home, that and I have no room for it in my shop, without ANOTHER major renovation.

I think it will clean preddee.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g179/sweeper54/Cabinet.jpg

Jim Becker
12-23-2007, 6:18 PM
Nada. No "put it together stuff" this year. And the girls are in a Christmas pageant at the local church Professor Dr. SWMBO takes them too, so that will take up a good part of the evening anyway. (At least they are singing a few Hannuka songs, too... :) ) Oh, I may very well assemble a nice glass of red wine later in the evening... :D

Jim Young
12-23-2007, 6:42 PM
The only thing I will be assembling is my memmory card into my BRAND NEW CAMERA.

Lee Schierer
12-23-2007, 7:45 PM
I'm assembling a wooden FA-18 I'm making from scratch for my grand sons. The youngest one won't get his for a few years, he's only 6 months and we won't see the older one until next weekend so I have some time to finish. I'm still deciding whether to put landing gear on it. The wheels I have are too large.

Tom Henry
12-23-2007, 8:03 PM
Playing with a Wii...:D I mean assembling a Wii...:rolleyes: Does it even need to be assembled?;)

Todd Burch
12-23-2007, 8:48 PM
I'm assembling come C++ code for a client. I've been paid, now I gotta deliver.

Todd

Bryan Berguson
12-23-2007, 9:41 PM
2 small kitchen cabinets for my kids that will go under a 4 foot section of countertop. Can you believe my wife wanted to BUY cabinets?!:eek: Not a chance said I, I will build them! One more coat of finish on the face frames and doors, add the hinges and then I'm done. Should be before lunch time on Christmas Eve.

Bryan

Dennis Peacock
12-23-2007, 10:49 PM
Man.....I have no real idea....but I'm pretty sure I'll be up late helping the LOML do "something" before the kids get up. :eek:

Greg Cuetara
12-23-2007, 10:59 PM
I built a few picture frames to give to the grandparents. Well the LOML decided that I didn't make enough of them so I need to make a few more tomorrow before the rest of the grandparents come up for christmas...not sure if i can get them done but we shall see.

Here is a picture of a few I have already done...

Merry Christmas to All!!!

Dave Anderson NH
12-24-2007, 8:05 AM
At our house we are assembling the family. For dinner tonight we'll have 23 people.....boy will it be crowded. Son, DIL, & 2 grandchildren, 3 BIL, 3 SIL, Niece with husband and 3 kids, 1 BIL's grandson, and I'm sure I've forgotten some. We are cheating to make the cleanup easy.....plastic plates and plastic dinnerware. There should be a nice fire going in the woodstove.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all of you Creekers and your families.

Matt Meiser
12-24-2007, 9:45 AM
Nothing significant that I have to assemble that I know of. My major project was the easel I wrote about all fall. Just have to drag that into the house tonight.