PDA

View Full Version : Our Saturday excursion.

Jim O'Dell
12-22-2007, 6:33 PM
Well, we have been trying to find time to get pictures of the 2 older dogs, one of which we are afraid won't be with us next Christmas as he is failing pretty fast. We drove over to our favorite picture taking spot in Dallas, north of I-635 on Beltline Rd. This is a residential park in the middle of 1/2 to 1 million dollar homes!! We took 55 pictures! The wind was strong, and very chilly, but the dogs were troopers and we got some really special shots. I'll show you one here. It will be in the top 5 or so of the pictures we took today, and may be the one we use on our Christmas card. Yeah, they'll be LATE again this year! http://familywoodworking.org/forums/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif
Dalton is on the left, and Cory is on the right. 77728
The other shot shows just how worn out Dalton was on the way home. 77729I shot that while waiting in line at a stop light.
They got to split an order of crispy chicken strips from KFC as a treat for being such good dogs.
Maybe I'll get some shop time in tomorrow. I did stop by Woodcraft and get some gel stain to try on the way home. Jim.

Ted Shrader
12-22-2007, 7:10 PM
Jim -

What good dogs. You are right, Dalton looks like he wore himself out.

Give them a scratch from me,
Ted

Paul Girouard
12-22-2007, 7:14 PM
He does look pooped , Irish setters ? They almost look to tall , and the fur to long for Irish setters.

Gary Keedwell
12-22-2007, 7:20 PM
Nice dogs. And they look just fine.:rolleyes:

Gary

Dennis Peacock
12-22-2007, 7:33 PM
Outstanding photo Jim. Very nice shot and a good one for a lifetime of memories.

Jim Becker
12-22-2007, 7:53 PM
Wow...that first one is an outstanding shot!!! I wish I could get my kids to stand still like that and have the same facial expressions! LOL

Jim O'Dell
12-22-2007, 7:56 PM
Thanks for the nice comments! Paul, there are 2 distinctly different styles of Irish Setters. You are probably remembering the field lines. They are small, usually about 45 to 50 lbs for a male, and bred to be able to hunt and cover 100 miles in a day. Where a bench Irish Setter like Dalton, easily weigh in at 80 to 85 lbs., and could never cover that much ground. They can still hunt, but they just aren't built to do the same job. Both follow the same breed standard, and luckily so far, happily co-exist in the same parent club. English Setters are much more polarized. Jim.