PDA

View Full Version : Wood type for Art & Crafts

John Miliunas
02-22-2004, 11:25 PM
LOML really likes the Art & Crafts style pieces. (So do I...) At any rate, it seems as though most all of the stuff I see for AC is made from Oak. Would I be comitting some type of WW crime if I did some with one of the other hardwoods, such as, Maple, Cherry or Walnut? I don't want to violate any hard & fast rules, you understand. :cool:

Jim Becker
02-22-2004, 11:47 PM
Stickley made/makes furniture in more than oak, although oak is what most folks think of for A&C. But if you look at the current Stickley catalog...and you should as it's a gold mine for ideas...half is cherry, including some wonderful crossover pieces by Harvey Ellis.

John Miliunas
02-23-2004, 12:05 AM
Stickley made/makes furniture in more than oak, although oak is what most folks think of for A&C. But if you look at the current Stickley catalog...and you should as it's a gold mine for ideas...half is cherry, including some wonderful crossover pieces by Harvey Ellis.

Hey Jim, is there anything you don't know about?! :D That's exactly the kind of stuff I'm looking for! Downloaded the *.pdf and will check it closer when I'm more awake. Time to hit the hay now, as 4:30 comes awful early! Thanks! :cool: