PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Grizzly Catalogs are here!!

Chris Zenda
12-22-2007, 11:58 AM
Just received the 2008 Grizzly catalog, Lots of new items including a new Tormek clone.

Don Bullock
12-22-2007, 12:42 PM
I'll have to hide mine. My budget is busted for now.:(

Chris Zenda
12-22-2007, 1:04 PM
Pages #49 has a 16 " German Planer with a Leitz cutterhead. Maybey Shiraz could chime in on this and let me Know if this cutterhead Has Wigo style blades.

Tim Marks
12-22-2007, 2:26 PM
Would someone mind taking a look at the G0602 10x22 metal lathe, and see if it is more expensive in 2008 then right now($995+$94 S&H)? Did they add any metal lathes in the 10x or 11x size? I just moved a few months ago, so I am guessing my Grizzly catalog won't arive in a timely manner.

How did the price change for the G0463 (currently $850+$94 S&H)or G0619 mill/drill (currently $1295 + $94 S&H)?

Did they add the KX1 or KX3 CNC milling machine (CNC version of the G8689 or G0619 6x21 mill/drills)? I have heard rumors that Grizzly influenced Sieg to add CNC to their small mill lineup, so I have been hoping good things are in store for the new year.

All of these are on my "soon" list, but I am holding off despite having money to burn because there is a real probability of undergoing a major geographic and monetary uphevel in the next 8-12 months due to changing jobs and coasts. An extra 1000# of iron would just make the move harder. A significant change of cost might just bump me over the edge....

"Tormach clone"? That might be what I am talking about... the KX3... please...please santa?

M. A. Espinoza
12-22-2007, 2:31 PM
Just received the 2008 Grizzly catalog, Lots of new items including a new Tormek clone.

Any changes to their hybrid table saws? Specifically a splitter.

Nothing on the website.

Chris Zenda
12-22-2007, 7:16 PM
Would someone mind taking a look at the G0602 10x22 metal lathe, and see if it is more expensive in 2008 then right now($995+$94 S&H)? Did they add any metal lathes in the 10x or 11x size? I just moved a few months ago, so I am guessing my Grizzly catalog won't arive in a timely manner. How did the price change for the G0463 (currently $850+$94 S&H)or G0619 mill/drill (currently $1295 + $94 S&H)?
Did they add the KX1 or KX3 CNC milling machine (CNC version of the G8689 or G0619 6x21 mill/drills)? I have heard rumors that Grizzly influenced Sieg to add CNC to their small mill lineup, so I have been hoping good things are in store for the new year. I dont see any of these mill drills retrofitted to CNC .

All of these are on my "soon" list, but I am holding off despite having money to burn because there is a real probability of undergoing a major geographic and monetary uphevel in the next 8-12 months due to changing jobs and coasts. An extra 1000# of iron would just make the move harder. A significant change of cost might just bump me over the edge....

"Tormach clone"? That might be what I am talking about... the KX3... please...please santa?
The G0602 is $995.00
The G0463 is $950.00.
I dont see any new offerings of 10x or 11x lathes
I dont see any mill drills listed that have been retrofitted to CNC.
Tormek sharpening system clone that is.

Mike Marcade
12-22-2007, 7:28 PM
Just another source of temptation. :eek:

Chris Zenda
12-22-2007, 7:32 PM
Any changes to their hybrid table saws? Specifically a splitter.

Nothing on the website.

I see a new model slider G0623X its a 10" sliding table saw with a scoring blade and riving knife for $2750.00, It looks really nice.

Chris Zenda
12-22-2007, 7:34 PM
Just another source of temptation. :eek:
I was tempted to take a drive to Grizzly today and figured I'd better not.;)

Gary Ratajczak
12-22-2007, 7:42 PM
If you get a chance I had a few questions on the Tormek clone:

1. Is it a 10"
2. Is the housing metal or plastic
3. Price

Some years I get a catalog, some years I get two and some I get zero!!

I just bought the unit from Harbor Freight 9$75.00 with coupon). I did order the Tormek stone grader, scissor jig, angle setter and honing paste. Still $400 ahead.

Used it today after I graded the stone. Found an old beat up pocket knife, and after about 8 minutes I was carving end grain of a pine board as smooth as could be.

I could not justify a Tormek yet. Thought I would start with the HF, and gather accessories.

The HF was copied after the Sheppach unit. HF stone is even in German on the label - my guess is from same vendor. I head Sheppach sent their lower cost unit to China for manufacture.

Chris Zenda
12-22-2007, 7:56 PM
If you get a chance I had a few questions on the Tormek clone:

1. Is it a 10"
2. Is the housing metal or plastic
3. Price

Some years I get a catalog, some years I get two and some I get zero!!

I just bought the unit from Harbor Freight 9$75.00 with coupon). I did order the Tormek stone grader, scissor jig, angle setter and honing paste. Still $400 ahead.

Used it today after I graded the stone. Found an old beat up pocket knife, and after about 8 minutes I was carving end grain of a pine board as
smooth as could be.

I could not justify a Tormek yet. Thought I would start with the HF, and gather accessories.

The HF was copied after the Sheppach unit. HF stone is even in German on the label - my guess is from same vendor. I head Sheppach sent their lower cost unit to China for manufacture.

Its a 10" for 169.95 and it says made in Germay, Possibly a Scheppach tiger but the 10" version. I was just at Harbor freight looking at their sharpening system and the Grizz looks a lot nicer IMO.

Gary Ratajczak
12-22-2007, 8:06 PM
... for the quick reply on the sharpener.

For $75, I think the HF is a great start. I'll keep a lookout on the Grizzly site for theirs.

I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. I have heard of some issues with the Jet unit circuit board (variable speed), but everybody seems to love that one as well.

I'll keep collecting jigs, and upgrade in the future if the HF dies. I did get the 2 yr replacement on it, so I have insurance for a while.

The Tormek patent was up, I believe, so that's why all the clones are coming out.

Tim Marks
12-22-2007, 8:08 PM
I dont see any mill drills listed that have been retrofitted to CNC.
Thanks, Chris.

Good news that there isn't a big price hike this year, despite the weakness of the USD and the changes in the Chinese economy. I was afraid that I might need to pull the trigger before the new year to save some change, but it looks like I can drool awhile longer.

Too bad the Sieg KX3 isn't in there (Sieg's cnc'd version of the SX3). Rumors on the home machineshop forum were that Grizzly had worked with Sieg on this model, but maybe that wasn't so. I would really like on (and really don't need it or have the space for it...), and was hoping another vendor would pick up the line so I wouldn't end up buying it from Smithy (the 622, $3000 without electronics):

https://www.smithy.com/product_home.php?cid=11&scid=16&pid=1006

https://www.smithy.com/uploads/622-New-Image.jpg

Tim Marks
12-22-2007, 10:12 PM
The new 10" G0661 contractor TS w/ riving knife for $725 should make some people here happy. Funny that they were able to beat SS to the market with a contactor saw with riving knife...

M. A. Espinoza
12-23-2007, 10:06 AM
The new 10" G0661 contractor TS w/ riving knife for $725 should make some people here happy. Funny that they were able to beat SS to the market with a contactor saw with riving knife...

Yeah, no kidding...

My SS has been on pre-order for about 3 years I think. Its always been about 3 months away.

I'm done waiting, if I don't get some solid info from SS its time to buy something else.

Eddie Darby
12-23-2007, 11:06 AM
If anyone wants the original Tormek, then if you get it before the year ends, you will get 3 Free stone replacements, when the stone diameter reaches 7" or less, you pay shipping.

Sweet deal if you do a lot of sharpening, since the stones aren't cheap! I guess the catch is will Tormek still be in business to honour the deal when it comes to stone number 3.

Brian Kent
12-26-2007, 2:07 PM
Does anyone know if there will be a price change on the G0513X2 bandsaw? Right now on the website it is $950 plus $94 shipping.

Alan Trout
12-26-2007, 2:55 PM
In the new catalog it is $950 +$89 Shipping.

Good Luck

Alan

Brian Kent
12-26-2007, 4:27 PM
Thanks, Alan. I'm $5 closer:D.

Mike Galusha
12-26-2007, 7:15 PM
I received two copies of the new catalog and both of them are missing pages 83-98, instead they have extra copies of pages 35-50 in this spot. :) I was going to see what was new in bandsaws and was wondering where they were until I realized the binding error. Anyone else have this? Maybe I have some rare catalogs. :D

Larry Nall
12-26-2007, 8:02 PM
I've got the 2007 catalog. Does the 2008 come automatically or do I need to order it? The web site does list the 2008 one yet.