PDA

View Full Version : Busy Weekend but got 20 pens done.

Sparky Paessler
02-22-2004, 9:26 PM
Well it took most of the weekend but I got 20 pens ready to ship Monday. 2 cherry, 2 Koa, 1 Zebrawood, 2 Ebonized walnut, and 13 walnut.

John Miliunas
02-22-2004, 10:02 PM
Well it took most of the weekend but I got 20 pens ready to ship Monday. 2 cherry, 2 Koa, 1 Zebrawood, 2 Ebonized walnut, and 13 walnut.

Way to go, Sparky! Goes pretty good once you get into it, don't it? I'm going to wait for my tubes before I ship and maybe even try to gather up a few more kits and add to the bunch I've already got. :cool:

Jerry Stringer
02-23-2004, 1:26 AM

Hey Sparky (lemme guess . . . work for the FD? One of those jobs where ya get paid for sleepin'! :p)

Great job on the pens! The work is worth it when you put a smile on those troops faces!

Thanks!

Jerry (a cop who pokes fun at the FD every chance I get!)

Sparky Paessler
02-23-2004, 7:40 AM
Hey Sparky (lemme guess . . . work for the FD? One of those jobs where ya get paid for sleepin'! :p)

Great job on the pens! The work is worth it when you put a smile on those troops faces!

Thanks!

Jerry (a cop who pokes fun at the FD every chance I get!)

Jerry

The firemen around here don't get paided for sleeping which is a big issue with them. I'm actually a Test Engineering Tech for an electronics manufacturing company (Siemens). I do feel good about making these. I hope that the troops really enjoy them. Guess I need to talk to Ken about some more kits.

Sparky

Jerry Stringer
02-23-2004, 10:31 AM
Jerry

The firemen around here don't get paided for sleeping which is a big issue with them. I'm actually a Test Engineering Tech for an electronics manufacturing company (Siemens). I do feel good about making these. I hope that the troops really enjoy them. Guess I need to talk to Ken about some more kits.

Sparky

Sorry to label you a fireman, I guess it was the "sparky" name - it's a long running friendly rivalry between cops and fireguys! :p

The pens look great! Thanks for putting in the effort to make them!

Jerry

Dave Bonde
02-23-2004, 10:59 AM
Good job, your pen look great! Dave

Sparky Paessler
02-23-2004, 11:26 AM
Sorry to label you a fireman, I guess it was the "sparky" name - it's a long running friendly rivalry between cops and fireguys! :p

The pens look great! Thanks for putting in the effort to make them!

Jerry

Thanks for the nice comments John, Jerry, and Dave.

Jerry, No offence taken. I would be proud to be a fireman or a cop.

Sparky

Kent Cori
02-23-2004, 6:57 PM
Sparky,

All look great but especially the two Koa pens. Where did you get the blanks for these outstanding specimens?

Bill Chapman
02-23-2004, 8:41 PM
Sparky look'n good . the pens are really nice. I know how hard it is to get time to turn I'm only averaging ten a week end so far. I new what the sparky met being one my self for the last 38 years. (1st electrician then engr.:DLOL)

P.S.
I sent you an e-mail if you don't get it send me a PM

Sparky Paessler
02-25-2004, 10:56 AM
Thanks Bill and Kent.

Kent
I got the Koa from Woodbay on Ebay. Great looking curly Koa.

Bill

Actually I got the nickname Sparky back in high school. We were playing baseball and the pitcher was terrible. I came in and pitched (a little better but not great.) and since I am left handed they started calling me Sparky Lyle and the Sparky just stuck. It was later that I got into Electronics.

Sparky